FT-818ND nice radio

George N2APB

Hey all,

FYI … George WB9TFR recently showed me a new external 3.2” display he got for his FT-818ND. Real nice colorful graphics and unit connects via the CAT connector on back. So much easier now to see radio functions as compared to the original little built-in screen. Cool stuff.

(I’d probably get an ‘818 if I could sell my TS2000 and/or 811H amp. Nice rig for portable use: all-band HF-VHF-UHF, 5w out, CW-SSB-AM.)

73, George N2APB

michael J. foley

Sounds good, another upgrade that would be good is if Yaesu would up the output power to 10 watts on 12 volts, like ICOM has done with the IC-705…..

K4MJF

Sent from Mail for Windows

FYI … George WB9TFR recently showed me a new external 3.2” display he got for his FT-818ND. Real nice colorful graphics and unit connects via the CAT connector on back.  So much easier now to see radio functions as compared to the original little built-in screen. Cool stuff.

(I’d probably get an ‘818 if I could sell my TS2000 and/or 811H amp. Nice rig for portable use: all-band HF-VHF-UHF, 5w out, CW-SSB-AM.)

73, George N2APB

George Sifnotis

what the display looks like for 818

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 08:20:53 AM CDT, michael J. foley <mikeljay1953@...> wrote:

Sounds good, another upgrade that would be good is if Yaesu would up the output power to 10 watts on 12 volts, like ICOM has done with the IC-705…..

K4MJF

Sent from Mail for Windows

FYI … George WB9TFR recently showed me a new external 3.2” display he got for his FT-818ND. Real nice colorful graphics and unit connects via the CAT connector on back.  So much easier now to see radio functions as compared to the original little built-in screen. Cool stuff.

(I’d probably get an ‘818 if I could sell my TS2000 and/or 811H amp. Nice rig for portable use: all-band HF-VHF-UHF, 5w out, CW-SSB-AM.)

73, George N2APB

Chuck Ferguson - N4CSF

You definitely don’t need to wear your readers to see that!!

73,
Chuck
N4CSF

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 10:30 AM George Sifnotis via groups.io <Zapatel=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
what the display looks like for 818

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 08:20:53 AM CDT, michael J. foley <mikeljay1953@...> wrote:

Sounds good, another upgrade that would be good is if Yaesu would up the output power to 10 watts on 12 volts, like ICOM has done with the IC-705…..

K4MJF

Sent from Mail for Windows

FYI … George WB9TFR recently showed me a new external 3.2” display he got for his FT-818ND. Real nice colorful graphics and unit connects via the CAT connector on back.  So much easier now to see radio functions as compared to the original little built-in screen. Cool stuff.

(I’d probably get an ‘818 if I could sell my TS2000 and/or 811H amp. Nice rig for portable use: all-band HF-VHF-UHF, 5w out, CW-SSB-AM.)

v/r, Chuck Sent from Gmail Mobile

Chuck Ferguson
N4CSF
Secretary, Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club

Tim Montgomery

What brand is that?

Tim Montgomery
N4TLM
865-256-8827

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 10:30, George Sifnotis via groups.io
<Zapatel@...> wrote:
what the display looks like for 818

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 08:20:53 AM CDT, michael J. foley <mikeljay1953@...> wrote:

Sounds good, another upgrade that would be good is if Yaesu would up the output power to 10 watts on 12 volts, like ICOM has done with the IC-705…..

K4MJF

Sent from Mail for Windows

FYI … George WB9TFR recently showed me a new external 3.2” display he got for his FT-818ND. Real nice colorful graphics and unit connects via the CAT connector on back.  So much easier now to see radio functions as compared to the original little built-in screen. Cool stuff.

(I’d probably get an ‘818 if I could sell my TS2000 and/or 811H amp. Nice rig for portable use: all-band HF-VHF-UHF, 5w out, CW-SSB-AM.)

73, George N2APB

George Sifnotis

The website is
Catknobz.com