5-1/4" floppy drive on Windows computer?

George N2APB

Hi all-

Looking to see if anyone has a Windows computer with a 5-1/4" floppy disc
drive? I need to get some files off it and onto a USB thumb drive?

Please let me know? It shouldn't take but just a couple of minutes to do
the files transfers once the computer is powered up.

Thanks.

George N2APB

Sam Howard

Wow.  Under duress I let my PC go that still had a 3.5 inch drive go last summer.  I still have the 5.25 floppies with my thesis in WordPerfect.  No way to ever open again; but I won't pitch.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 11:10 AM George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:
Hi all-

Looking to see if anyone has a Windows computer with a 5-1/4" floppy disc
drive?  I need to get some files off it and onto a USB thumb drive?

Please let me know?  It shouldn't take but just a couple of minutes to do
the files transfers once the computer is powered up.

Thanks.

George N2APB

David Schoenherr

try contacting the computer club here in the village

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:47 AM Sam Howard <Kv4xy.sam@...> wrote:
Wow.  Under duress I let my PC go that still had a 3.5 inch drive go last summer.  I still have the 5.25 floppies with my thesis in WordPerfect.  No way to ever open again; but I won't pitch.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 11:10 AM George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:
Hi all-

Looking to see if anyone has a Windows computer with a 5-1/4" floppy disc
drive?  I need to get some files off it and onto a USB thumb drive?

Please let me know?  It shouldn't take but just a couple of minutes to do
the files transfers once the computer is powered up.

Thanks.

George N2APB

Gary Stickel

Call Warren @ the TAP Office:
(865) 332-5313

G --------------

On Mar 31, 2021, at 12:57 PM, David Schoenherr <dschoenherr1@...> wrote:

try contacting the computer club here in the village

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:47 AM Sam Howard <Kv4xy.sam@...> wrote:
Wow.  Under duress I let my PC go that still had a 3.5 inch drive go last summer.  I still have the 5.25 floppies with my thesis in WordPerfect.  No way to ever open again; but I won't pitch.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 11:10 AM George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:
Hi all-

Looking to see if anyone has a Windows computer with a 5-1/4" floppy disc
drive?  I need to get some files off it and onto a USB thumb drive?

Please let me know?  It shouldn't take but just a couple of minutes to do
the files transfers once the computer is powered up.

Thanks.

“Calling off the dogs” … I located an appropriate drive and the ‘read’ operation failed.  Regrettably, the floppy must’ve come in contact with some magnets over the last two decades.  Gee, I’m surprised.  Normally have better results at hamfest boneyards.

Thanks all for stirring the bucket.

73, George N2APB