Topics

2 Meter Net

Fellow TLARC Members,

Smokie Mountain Radio Club ( SMARC ) has a Net every morning at 9am on the W4OLB repeater ( 146.655 -6 shift, pl100.00 ). This is very informal check-in Net usually called by Bob, KK4XA.
This Net is held daily, except Fridays, when members and non members meet at TC's Grill in Maryville for breakfast at 9am.
Hope to hear some of you check in...….

Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger

Thanks for the info Mike. I tried and tried to hit the SMARC repeater this morning, but couldn't get in. Sometimes I can barely hit it from the back porch, but not today. Oh well - just need more juice and height.

George N2APB

Thanks to Mike's posting (and Brad's laments about lacking height), I've now "discovered" the Smoky Mountain ARC!  They have a nice website (http://w4olb.org/home) that lists their activities, and among them are a daily 9am net, Tech Lunches on Thursdays, Friday morning breakfasts, and monthly meetings on the last Monday.  Wow!

I'm going to plug into their activities starting tomorrow at the Tech Lunch - should be fun.

Plus, a couple of us here in TLARC have been considering having a "swap meet" of our own at an upcoming meeting.  We all have "junque" that others might benefit from as trade, give-away or outright sale.  I think that would be a great feature to have at our meetings once in a while.

73, George N2APB
http://www.tlarc.org/

PS:  I've just upgraded to a Collins KWM-2A transceiver for my HF use, and thus am ready to sell my current S-Line.  I'll be putting it up on our For Sale pages soon, but wanted to give advance notice if anyone is interested in a good, working deal for the Collins 75-S1 receiver and the 32-S1 transmitter (and power supply).

Sam Howard

I mentioned last night at TLARC that SMARC meeting for Monday, Sept. 24, will start at 6:00 pm with a swap meet followed by a BBQ dinner. Hope to see many of you there.

Note SMARC and Monroe Country ARC meet on the 4th Monday of the mont not necessarily the last. SMARC doesn’t have the scheduled meeting in June or December due to proximity to Field Day and Christmas.

Sam KV4XY