Date   

Re: Pizza at the next meeting

George N2APB
 

I’ll be there!  I’ll be presenting and demo’ing a very cool new project that we can work again as a “buildathon” for those interested. 

73, George N2APB

On Sep 26, 2019, at 10:43 PM, Gary Stickel <garystickel@...> wrote:

Yes, I will be there.
Tnx!
73
Gary K4RQT
=============

On Sep 26, 2019, at 8:03 PM, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Reminding everyone that the next meeting begins with Pizza at 6:00 followed by the meeting at 7:00. Please let me know if you’re coming for the food so we can order enough for everyone.

 

Thanks,

 

David, N1ESK

 

N1ESK@...

 


Re: Pizza at the next meeting

Jim Anderson <jimk0rgi@...>
 

I'll be there.

73, Jim - K0RGI

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 7:03 PM David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Reminding everyone that the next meeting begins with Pizza at 6:00 followed by the meeting at 7:00. Please let me know if you’re coming for the food so we can order enough for everyone.

 

Thanks,

 

David, N1ESK

 

N1ESK@...

 


Re: Pizza at the next meeting

Joyce Tarbell
 

Allan and I will be there.

Joyce Tarbell


Re: Pizza at the next meeting

Robert Foster <noclew1@...>
 

My wife and I will attend the pizza dinner thanks Bob AME for YJ well my callsign didn't transfer over but you get the gist.


From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> on behalf of Gary Stickel <garystickel@...>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2019 1:43:00 AM
To: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TLARC] Pizza at the next meeting
 
Yes, I will be there.
Tnx!
73
Gary K4RQT
=============

On Sep 26, 2019, at 8:03 PM, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Reminding everyone that the next meeting begins with Pizza at 6:00 followed by the meeting at 7:00. Please let me know if you’re coming for the food so we can order enough for everyone.

 

Thanks,

 

David, N1ESK

 

N1ESK@...

 


Re: Pizza at the next meeting

Gary Stickel
 

Yes, I will be there.
Tnx!
73
Gary K4RQT
=============

On Sep 26, 2019, at 8:03 PM, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Reminding everyone that the next meeting begins with Pizza at 6:00 followed by the meeting at 7:00. Please let me know if you’re coming for the food so we can order enough for everyone.

 

Thanks,

 

David, N1ESK

 

N1ESK@...

 


Re: Pizza at the next meeting

WK9M
 

And yes I forgot about the "Reply to Sender" below :) so a reminder for everyone else that hasn't replied to you yet.

On 9/26/2019 8:03 PM, David Andrews wrote:

Reminding everyone that the next meeting begins with Pizza at 6:00 followed by the meeting at 7:00. Please let me know if you’re coming for the food so we can order enough for everyone.

 

Thanks,

 

David, N1ESK

 

N1ESK@...

 



Re: Pizza at the next meeting

WK9M
 

I should be there, but being 3 weeks away if something should change I'll let you know...

On 9/26/2019 8:03 PM, David Andrews wrote:

Reminding everyone that the next meeting begins with Pizza at 6:00 followed by the meeting at 7:00. Please let me know if you’re coming for the food so we can order enough for everyone.

 

Thanks,

 

David, N1ESK

 

N1ESK@...

 



Re: Pizza at the next meeting

David Schoenherr
 

I'll be there,,,,,,with cups, plates, napkins Soda & Ice.


On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 7:03 PM David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Reminding everyone that the next meeting begins with Pizza at 6:00 followed by the meeting at 7:00. Please let me know if you’re coming for the food so we can order enough for everyone.

 

Thanks,

 

David, N1ESK

 

N1ESK@...

 


Pizza at the next meeting

David Andrews
 

Reminding everyone that the next meeting begins with Pizza at 6:00 followed by the meeting at 7:00. Please let me know if you’re coming for the food so we can order enough for everyone.

 

Thanks,

 

David, N1ESK

 

N1ESK@...

 


Re: Sweetwater Hamfest - Thanks Sharron

Sam Howard
 

Reminder.  This Saturday is the Sweetwater Hamfest (Tailgate/swap meet).

V/R

Sam

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 9:48 PM David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Sweetwater Hamfest 2019

The Monroe Amateur Radio Club is proud to support the Sweetwater Hamfest founded and presented by local hams, W4OLJ and W7IUC. The September 28, 2019 hamfest is located on Murray Chapel Road off I-75.

Admission, set-up, and parking are FREE, and be sure to stop by our table and say hello!

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:


I-75 Southbound, take exit 62, turn right. Murray Chapel Road is on the left. The Hamfest is about 2 miles on the right. (You’ll pass the KOA Campground)

I-75 Northbound, take exit 60, turn left. Murray Chapel Road is on the right. The Hamfest is about 2 mile on your left.

Watch for the HAMFEST Signs. Talk-in 145.250 MHz, negative offset, no tone. You can also use the 145.270 MHz linked repeater, negative offset, tone 127.3 Hz.



-----Original Message-----
From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharron Fritts
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:30 PM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TLARC] 2 Meter Net & swap meet

Don't forget Sweetwater Hamfest 9/28.






Club Happenings this Fall

George N2APB
 

Fall is here, and with it comes the start of contesting and general club activities again after the long hot Summer. 
 
Our TLARC leadership team highlighted a number of contests (and other club activities) for each month of 2019 that best reflects the interests of its membership ... whether it be taking to the field with QRP, hiking up a mountain to do some QRO work, working from a homebrew or boatanchor station, or just operating from a nice and comfy position there in your own shack! 
 
Take a look at the ones listed below for this Fall and circle your calendar. Maybe get together with another like-minded ham for a combined or instructive "adventure" of using CW, phone, or even the newest cool digital mode: FT8.

Notes: 
1) We included state QSO Parties because it's a nice time for guaranteed activity if you are a QRP operator;
2) We included the major ARRL events when present;
3) We included the specialty QRP field events ... for our TLARC Field Nuts Team ;)
4) We will likely team up on at least a few of these activities using the club callsign KN4DUA;
5) Details on each of the contests we list here are linked in master Contest Calendar ... <https://www.contestcalendar.com/contestcal_qrp.html
6) We will be including OTHER ACTIVITIES in this list.  For example, see the TLARC MEETINGS listed each month.  What else can we list for Club Activities?

SEPTEMBER
Sept 28-29 CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY
 
OCTOBER
Oct 5-6: California QSO Party
Oct 12: QRP ARCI Fall QSO Party
Oct 12-13: Arizona QSO Party
Oct 12-13: Pennsylvania QSO Party
Oct 12-13: South Dakota QSO Party
Oct 16: TLARC MEETING
Oct 19-20: New York QSO Party
Oct 21: Run for the Bacon QRP Contest
Oct 26-27: CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB
 
NOVEMBER
Nov 2-4: ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW
Nov 5: ARS Spartan Sprint
Nov 9-10: 10-10 Int. Fall Contest, Digital
Nov 10: North American SSB Sprint Contest
Nov 16-18: ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB
Nov 17-18: Homebrew and Oldtime Equipment Party
Nov 18: Run for the Bacon QRP Contest
Nov 20: TLARC MEETING
Nov 23-24: CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW
 
DECEMBER
Dec 6-8: ARRL 160-Meter Contest
Dec 7: Wake-Up! QRP Sprint
Dec 8: QRP ARCI Holiday Spirits Homebrew Sprint
Dec 14-15: ARRL 10-Meter Contest
Dec 18: TLARC MEETING
 
Hope to see many of us TLARCers on the bands!  And let us know if you'd like to tag along with some of us to see what it's like ...  maybe even try nabbing a few Qs of your own!

And lastly, please let us know what other activities of general club interest we might have and we can get it on the Calendar.
 
73, George N2APB
TLARC Club Happenings ... http://www.tlarc.org/News/index.html


Sweetwater Hamfest - Thanks Sharron

David Andrews
 

Sweetwater Hamfest 2019

The Monroe Amateur Radio Club is proud to support the Sweetwater Hamfest founded and presented by local hams, W4OLJ and W7IUC. The September 28, 2019 hamfest is located on Murray Chapel Road off I-75.

Admission, set-up, and parking are FREE, and be sure to stop by our table and say hello!

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:


I-75 Southbound, take exit 62, turn right. Murray Chapel Road is on the left. The Hamfest is about 2 miles on the right. (You’ll pass the KOA Campground)

I-75 Northbound, take exit 60, turn left. Murray Chapel Road is on the right. The Hamfest is about 2 mile on your left.

Watch for the HAMFEST Signs. Talk-in 145.250 MHz, negative offset, no tone. You can also use the 145.270 MHz linked repeater, negative offset, tone 127.3 Hz.



-----Original Message-----
From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharron Fritts
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:30 PM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TLARC] 2 Meter Net & swap meet

Don't forget Sweetwater Hamfest 9/28.






Re: 2 Meter Net & swap meet

Dean N4NLT Webb
 

Thanks Sharon

On Sep 19, 2019, at 4:29 PM, Sharron Fritts <ssfritts@gmail.com> wrote:

Don't forget Sweetwater Hamfest 9/28.







Re: Chota user fees

George N2APB
 

Ditto!  Well done David, thanks. 

George N2APB

On Sep 19, 2019, at 5:36 PM, Gary Stickel <garystickel@...> wrote:

Nicely written, and handled, David!
Thanks for taking the initiative, and for sharing this with us.
Gary - K4RQT
=============

On Sep 19, 2019, at 5:16 PM, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

With Rick’s permission, I’m forwarding this email to keep everyone in the loop.

 

David, N1ESK

 

From: Richard J Blough <rjblough@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:25 PM
To: David <n1esk1@...>
Subject: RE: Upcoming POA meeting agenda

 

David

 

Thank you for your note regarding Chota usage fees. I certainly understand your concerns. I believe that a little background is in order.

 

At the December 4, 2018 POA Board Workshop, the Board approved the hiring of a consultant to develop a 5-year Recreation Department Strategic Plan by a 4-3 vote. Those of us that voted against this measure felt that we had the expertise to do this effectively in-house at a lower cost.

 

The consultant spent several months studying the issues and presented their report to the Board at the July 17, 2019 Board meeting. The Board received the report but took no action to approve or disapprove the findings or recommendations contained in the report. One of the consultant’s recommendations was to consider implementing “reservation fees for usage of the meeting space at Chota Recreation Center”. There was considerable discussion of this and other items in the report. Several Board members (myself included) expressed reservations about the room fee proposal. The subject of room fees came up again in a subsequent meeting when it was raised by the Quilters’ Club. At that time, I stated that this proposal would be considered as part of the 2020 budget discussions – just like any other proposal. However, I added that should a reservation fee come forward in the budget deliberations that I would be a firm NO vote. I believe that the social fabric of Tellico Village is what distinguishes us from other similar communities. I also believe that charging for meeting space at Chota has the potential of damaging that social fabric without providing any significant benefit. As a result, I remain against this proposal.

 

Again thanks for your note. I expect that I’ll see you at the Board meeting next Wednesday.

 

Rick

 

From: David [mailto:n1esk1@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:53 AM
To: mc195@...; jwhite2032@...; rjblough@...; bruce.johnson133@...; tvradioprint@...; cpurvis28@...; schnesx@...
Cc: sbradbury@...
Subject: Upcoming POA meeting agenda

 

Folks,

 

You might have heard that there is a bit of an uproar over one paragraph in the recently released TV Rec Dept Strategic Plan. It speaks to reservation fees for use of Chota meeting spaces. I’m writing to ensure you are aware that a large number of villagers are planning to attend the meeting on the 25th to raise their concerns, and to ensure that sufficient time is allocated on the agenda to address this issue.

 

If you’re not a regular reader of NextDoor, I’ve attached the comments to date to give you a flavor of the conversation.

 

I serve as the secretary of the Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club (www.tlarc.org). Since our inception, we’ve used room D at Chota on a monthly basis for our meetings. We typically have 15-25+ attendees, dutifully complete a sign-in sheet, and have had no complaints from the staff. This issue was raised at our meeting last night, and we wisely chose to wait until something official came out before giving our collective opinion.

 

Personally, I understand the desire to reduce the number of no-show reservations, but think that across the board fees are not the way to proceed. I participated in one of the strategic plan focus groups, and do not recall this having been raised. Regardless, this one paragraph has caused a stir, and I wanted to ensure you know about it and have sufficient time on the agenda to listen to the concerns and address them as best as possible.

 

Respectfully,

 

David Andrews

124 & 126 Depew Drive, Tanasi


Re: Chota user fees

Gary Stickel
 

Nicely written, and handled, David!
Thanks for taking the initiative, and for sharing this with us.
Gary - K4RQT
=============

On Sep 19, 2019, at 5:16 PM, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

With Rick’s permission, I’m forwarding this email to keep everyone in the loop.

 

David, N1ESK

 

From: Richard J Blough <rjblough@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:25 PM
To: David <n1esk1@...>
Subject: RE: Upcoming POA meeting agenda

 

David

 

Thank you for your note regarding Chota usage fees. I certainly understand your concerns. I believe that a little background is in order.

 

At the December 4, 2018 POA Board Workshop, the Board approved the hiring of a consultant to develop a 5-year Recreation Department Strategic Plan by a 4-3 vote. Those of us that voted against this measure felt that we had the expertise to do this effectively in-house at a lower cost.

 

The consultant spent several months studying the issues and presented their report to the Board at the July 17, 2019 Board meeting. The Board received the report but took no action to approve or disapprove the findings or recommendations contained in the report. One of the consultant’s recommendations was to consider implementing “reservation fees for usage of the meeting space at Chota Recreation Center”. There was considerable discussion of this and other items in the report. Several Board members (myself included) expressed reservations about the room fee proposal. The subject of room fees came up again in a subsequent meeting when it was raised by the Quilters’ Club. At that time, I stated that this proposal would be considered as part of the 2020 budget discussions – just like any other proposal. However, I added that should a reservation fee come forward in the budget deliberations that I would be a firm NO vote. I believe that the social fabric of Tellico Village is what distinguishes us from other similar communities. I also believe that charging for meeting space at Chota has the potential of damaging that social fabric without providing any significant benefit. As a result, I remain against this proposal.

 

Again thanks for your note. I expect that I’ll see you at the Board meeting next Wednesday.

 

Rick

 

From: David [mailto:n1esk1@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:53 AM
To: mc195@...; jwhite2032@...; rjblough@...; bruce.johnson133@...; tvradioprint@...; cpurvis28@...; schnesx@...
Cc: sbradbury@...
Subject: Upcoming POA meeting agenda

 

Folks,

 

You might have heard that there is a bit of an uproar over one paragraph in the recently released TV Rec Dept Strategic Plan. It speaks to reservation fees for use of Chota meeting spaces. I’m writing to ensure you are aware that a large number of villagers are planning to attend the meeting on the 25th to raise their concerns, and to ensure that sufficient time is allocated on the agenda to address this issue.

 

If you’re not a regular reader of NextDoor, I’ve attached the comments to date to give you a flavor of the conversation.

 

I serve as the secretary of the Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club (www.tlarc.org). Since our inception, we’ve used room D at Chota on a monthly basis for our meetings. We typically have 15-25+ attendees, dutifully complete a sign-in sheet, and have had no complaints from the staff. This issue was raised at our meeting last night, and we wisely chose to wait until something official came out before giving our collective opinion.

 

Personally, I understand the desire to reduce the number of no-show reservations, but think that across the board fees are not the way to proceed. I participated in one of the strategic plan focus groups, and do not recall this having been raised. Regardless, this one paragraph has caused a stir, and I wanted to ensure you know about it and have sufficient time on the agenda to listen to the concerns and address them as best as possible.

 

Respectfully,

 

David Andrews

124 & 126 Depew Drive, Tanasi


Chota user fees

David Andrews
 

With Rick’s permission, I’m forwarding this email to keep everyone in the loop.

 

David, N1ESK

 

From: Richard J Blough <rjblough@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:25 PM
To: David <n1esk1@...>
Subject: RE: Upcoming POA meeting agenda

 

David

 

Thank you for your note regarding Chota usage fees. I certainly understand your concerns. I believe that a little background is in order.

 

At the December 4, 2018 POA Board Workshop, the Board approved the hiring of a consultant to develop a 5-year Recreation Department Strategic Plan by a 4-3 vote. Those of us that voted against this measure felt that we had the expertise to do this effectively in-house at a lower cost.

 

The consultant spent several months studying the issues and presented their report to the Board at the July 17, 2019 Board meeting. The Board received the report but took no action to approve or disapprove the findings or recommendations contained in the report. One of the consultant’s recommendations was to consider implementing “reservation fees for usage of the meeting space at Chota Recreation Center”. There was considerable discussion of this and other items in the report. Several Board members (myself included) expressed reservations about the room fee proposal. The subject of room fees came up again in a subsequent meeting when it was raised by the Quilters’ Club. At that time, I stated that this proposal would be considered as part of the 2020 budget discussions – just like any other proposal. However, I added that should a reservation fee come forward in the budget deliberations that I would be a firm NO vote. I believe that the social fabric of Tellico Village is what distinguishes us from other similar communities. I also believe that charging for meeting space at Chota has the potential of damaging that social fabric without providing any significant benefit. As a result, I remain against this proposal.

 

Again thanks for your note. I expect that I’ll see you at the Board meeting next Wednesday.

 

Rick

 

From: David [mailto:n1esk1@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:53 AM
To: mc195@...; jwhite2032@...; rjblough@...; bruce.johnson133@...; tvradioprint@...; cpurvis28@...; schnesx@...
Cc: sbradbury@...
Subject: Upcoming POA meeting agenda

 

Folks,

 

You might have heard that there is a bit of an uproar over one paragraph in the recently released TV Rec Dept Strategic Plan. It speaks to reservation fees for use of Chota meeting spaces. I’m writing to ensure you are aware that a large number of villagers are planning to attend the meeting on the 25th to raise their concerns, and to ensure that sufficient time is allocated on the agenda to address this issue.

 

If you’re not a regular reader of NextDoor, I’ve attached the comments to date to give you a flavor of the conversation.

 

I serve as the secretary of the Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club (www.tlarc.org). Since our inception, we’ve used room D at Chota on a monthly basis for our meetings. We typically have 15-25+ attendees, dutifully complete a sign-in sheet, and have had no complaints from the staff. This issue was raised at our meeting last night, and we wisely chose to wait until something official came out before giving our collective opinion.

 

Personally, I understand the desire to reduce the number of no-show reservations, but think that across the board fees are not the way to proceed. I participated in one of the strategic plan focus groups, and do not recall this having been raised. Regardless, this one paragraph has caused a stir, and I wanted to ensure you know about it and have sufficient time on the agenda to listen to the concerns and address them as best as possible.

 

Respectfully,

 

David Andrews

124 & 126 Depew Drive, Tanasi


Re: 2 Meter Net & swap meet

Sharron Fritts
 

Don't forget Sweetwater Hamfest 9/28.


ARRL Club Affiliation

David Andrews
 

If you have attended either of the past two club meetings, you no doubt heard a brief discussion about becoming an ARRL Affiliated Club. Attached are three documents for your perusal before the next meeting.

  • The Six Steps describe the actions needed to become affiliated
  • The Benefits can be viewed and expanded via this link: http://www.arrl.org/affiliated-club-benefits
  • The library book set is a collection we can purchase at a reduced price of $200, verses ~$360 if purchased individually. I’m suggesting  we could buy this set and donate it to the TV Library, where we would all have access.

I support affiliating with the ARRL, and plan on making a motion to that effect in October. Please take a few minutes to review this material so you can make your own determination.

 

Thanks,

 

David


Minutes and October meeting announcement

David Andrews
 

Hello everyone,

 

In an effort to procrastinate and avoid mowing the lawn, I broke a record and produced the meeting minutes from last night. Pay attention to the dates, some are happening tomorrow.

 

The October meeting will be a departure from the past. We will meet at 6:00 PM at the Chota Rec Center for dinner. Pizza and drinks will be provided by TLARC. For those of you who usually partake of the pre-meeting gathering, there won’t be a need to rush to the meeting after eating!! We’ll then start the meeting at 7:00 with a different agenda.

 

Do you have a gadget you built or use in your shop you’d like to let others know about? Some home brew thingy, hand me down, or neat gadget you picked up somewhere that others should know about? Pack it up and bring it to the meeting. You’ll have the floor to talk about it. If this proves to be a popular activity, we might repeat it from time to time.

 

Regards,

 

David Andrews, N1ESK


Re: 2 Meter Net

Sam Howard
 

I mentioned last night at TLARC that SMARC meeting for Monday, Sept. 24, will start at 6:00 pm with a swap meet followed by a BBQ dinner. Hope to see many of you there.  

Note SMARC and Monroe Country ARC meet on the 4th Monday of the mont not necessarily the last. SMARC doesn’t have the scheduled meeting in June or December due to proximity to Field Day and Christmas. 

Sam KV4XY 

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 12:09 George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:
Thanks to Mike's posting (and Brad's laments about lacking height), I've now "discovered" the Smoky Mountain ARC!  They have a nice website (http://w4olb.org/home) that lists their activities, and among them are a daily 9am net, Tech Lunches on Thursdays, Friday morning breakfasts, and monthly meetings on the last Monday.  Wow!

I'm going to plug into their activities starting tomorrow at the Tech Lunch - should be fun.

Plus, a couple of us here in TLARC have been considering having a "swap meet" of our own at an upcoming meeting.  We all have "junque" that others might benefit from as trade, give-away or outright sale.  I think that would be a great feature to have at our meetings once in a while.

73, George N2APB
http://www.tlarc.org/ 

PS:  I've just upgraded to a Collins KWM-2A transceiver for my HF use, and thus am ready to sell my current S-Line.  I'll be putting it up on our For Sale pages soon, but wanted to give advance notice if anyone is interested in a good, working deal for the Collins 75-S1 receiver and the 32-S1 transmitter (and power supply).

1241 - 1260 of 1627