Date   
Re: Run LoCo

David Schoenherr
 

I will not be able to attend the meeting on the 28th, but will be at the Run.

NAQCC November CW Sprint Wednesday Night 8:30-10:30pm

George N2APB
 

The November CW Sprint is this Wednesday evening 8:30-10:30PM ... For all the "official" information, please go to:

http://naqcc.info/sprint/sprint201811.html

There you will find all the details as to frequencies, exchange, etc..

If you've been hesitant to join in these sprints because you hear other sprints running at breakneck speeds, have no fear. This one is geared to the newcomer to CW and/or contesting. Virtually everyone including the many veteran contesters who regularly enter these ones will slow down to YOUR speed to help you make your contacts.

If you are not already a member of NAQCC... membership is FREE! Now is your chance to join the largest QRP CW Club in the world!! There are currently over 9000 members in all 50 States, 9 VE Provinces, and 100 Countries. Sign up on the NAQCC website today (http://naqcc.info/) and receive a handsome certificate, with your membership number on it, which is good for life!

Hope to see some TLARCers on the air on Wednesday evening!

73, George N2APB & Juan AC6ZM

TLARC meeting of November of November 28,2018

Brent Martin
 

Greetings TLARC members and Friends: This is a reminder that the November dinner and meeting of TLARC is one week later than normal on November 28th rather than the 21st to avoid conflicts with Thanksgiving family activities. The activities on the 28th will begin with dinner at the THAI Bistro at 5:30 and then the business meeting and program will commence at the Tellico Village Wellness Center at 7:00. I have attached the agenda for your information.

If you are interested in dinner that night, please drop me and email or phone call (856-7477) as I will be confirming a reservation at the restaurant.

Hope to see everyone at the meeting.

Brent Martin, Secretary


Virus-free. www.avast.com

Re: TLARC meeting of November of November 28,2018

Sam Howard
 

Thank you 

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 19:11 Brent Martin <brent6851@...> wrote:
Greetings TLARC members and Friends: This is a reminder that the November dinner and meeting of TLARC is one week later than normal on November 28th rather than the 21st to avoid conflicts with Thanksgiving family activities. The activities on the 28th will begin with dinner at the THAI Bistro at 5:30 and then the business meeting and program will commence at the Tellico Village Wellness Center at 7:00. I have attached the agenda for your information.

If you are interested in dinner that night, please drop me and email or phone call (856-7477) as I will be confirming a reservation at the restaurant.

Hope to see everyone at the meeting.

Brent Martin, Secretary


Virus-free. www.avast.com

Re: TLARC meeting of November of November 28,2018

Joyce Tarbell
 

Allan and I will attend dinner at the Thai Bistro.
 
Joyce Tarbell


On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 7:11 PM, Brent Martin <brent6851@...> wrote:


Greetings TLARC members and Friends: This is a reminder that the November dinner and meeting of TLARC is one week later than normal on November 28th rather than the 21st to avoid conflicts with Thanksgiving family activities. The activities on the 28th will begin with dinner at the THAI Bistro at 5:30 and then the business meeting and program will commence at the Tellico Village Wellness Center at 7:00. I have attached the agenda for your information.

If you are interested in dinner that night, please drop me and email or phone call (856-7477) as I will be confirming a reservation at the restaurant.

Hope to see everyone at the meeting.

Brent Martin, Secretary


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: TLARC meeting of November of November 28,2018

John Arguelles
 

Look forward to the February 2019 meeting when I return.

John

On Nov 20, 2018, at 7:01 PM, Sam Howard <Kv4xy.sam@...> wrote:

Thank you 

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 19:11 Brent Martin <brent6851@...> wrote:
Greetings TLARC members and Friends: This is a reminder that the November dinner and meeting of TLARC is one week later than normal on November 28th rather than the 21st to avoid conflicts with Thanksgiving family activities. The activities on the 28th will begin with dinner at the THAI Bistro at 5:30 and then the business meeting and program will commence at the Tellico Village Wellness Center at 7:00. I have attached the agenda for your information.

If you are interested in dinner that night, please drop me and email or phone call (856-7477) as I will be confirming a reservation at the restaurant.

Hope to see everyone at the meeting.

Brent Martin, Secretary


Virus-free. www.avast.com



Meeting location on November 28

Brent Martin
 

Well I did it again! Thanks to Brad Berger's catch when he emailed me that I had confused the TV Wellness Center and the TV Rec Center again. The meeting on the 28th is at the Rec Center, not the Wellness  Center. Thanks Brad!
                                                                                        Brent Martin, Secretary

Virus-free. www.avast.com

TLARC Nov 2018 Treasurer's Report

Joyce Tarbell
 

 TLARC members,

Attached is the Treasurer's Report I plan to present at the Nov 28 meeting.

Joyce Tarbell
K1JAT

CQ WW DX Contest this weekend

Juan Lopez
 

TLARC Members,

The CQ WW is the largest Amateur Radio competition in the world. Over 35,000 participants take to the airwaves on the last weekend of November (CW) with the goal of making as many contacts with as many different DXCC entities and CQ Zones as possible.

CQ WW Contest

CW: November 24 - 25, 2018
Starts: 0000 UTC Saturday 
Ends: 2359 UTC Sunday

Make an effort to get on the air and hand out a few QSO's. 

All TLARC members are welcome to visit the AC6ZM contesting station to join in the fun.

Drop by on Saturday or text me to find out where we are to give us a QSO in the log.

73
,
Juan
AC6ZM
Galaxy S9

A Tail of Three Antennas ... by the TLARC Field Nuts

George N2APB
 

Please enjoy "A Tail of Three Antennas", now located on the TLARC website ... www.TLARC.org  
     
It was a cold-yet-sunny November 17th afternoon atop the Overlook Park at Fort Loudon Dam.  High tension power lines abounded leading in/out of the power generation facility, yet the airwaves were clear of that characteristic buzzing and the noise floor was low.  It was destined to be a good Field Nut day.  [Read more]

73, George N2APB

www.tlarc.org 


PS:  Don't forget about the TLARC meeting this Wednesday evening!  Details on the website.

Re: A Tail of Three Antennas ... by the TLARC Field Nuts

Tom Massingale
 

Hi George.  This is Thomas Massingale kd4stt.  I purchased the SWR meter from you last month. I was  planning to pay you for it at this meeting.  
I'm fighting flu like symptoms, so I hope to get it to you asap.
Call me if you wish
 @ 423 333 8736
Kd4stt 73s



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: George N2APB <n2apb@...>
Date: 11/25/18 18:13 (GMT-05:00)
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: [TLARC] A Tail of Three Antennas ... by the TLARC Field Nuts

Please enjoy "A Tail of Three Antennas", now located on the TLARC website ... www.TLARC.org  
     
It was a cold-yet-sunny November 17th afternoon atop the Overlook Park at Fort Loudon Dam.  High tension power lines abounded leading in/out of the power generation facility, yet the airwaves were clear of that characteristic buzzing and the noise floor was low.  It was destined to be a good Field Nut day.  [Read more]

73, George N2APB

www.tlarc.org 


PS:  Don't forget about the TLARC meeting this Wednesday evening!  Details on the website.

Fw: Catering Menu for Jan. 12th

Joyce Tarbell
 

 TLARC members,

Let me know if dinner at Country Kinfolk on Jan 12 with the menu/ cost indicated below is acceptable to you.  How many of you would you attend?  Please reply by Monday Dec 3 so I can confirm the reservation with the restaurant.


Joyce Tarbell


On Friday, November 30, 2018 1:03 PM, Country Kinfolk <countrykinfolkfarms@...> wrote:


Joyce,
I talked with the ladies and they agreed that $20 for January 12th - food.
Appetizers, 2 meats, veggies, sweet & unsweetened tea, desserts. 
The price from increase from $17 to $20 from last year is due to food cost increase. 
I hope this email finds you well on this Friday and I hope you have a great weekend, 
Daisy at Country Kinfolk


On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 10:26 AM Country Kinfolk <countrykinfolkfarms@... wrote:
Thank you Joyce for taking time to talk with me this morning.
Cafe Venue - NO CHARGE (with our catering)
Attached *CATERING MENU*
Please let me know if you have any questions, 
Daisy at Country Kinfolk



Re: Fw: Catering Menu for Jan. 12th

 

IMHO, that's rather steep, considering what we are getting. Mind you, the food is good, but I don't think it's worth the extra expense. For $20 a meal, I would expect Calhoun's or Texas Roadhouse. Same menu as last year? Or different fare?!?

Did you call Calhoun's on the lake and see what they offered? I know there is the cost of renting the room but you get it back if more than 25 rent the room. From what I gathered at the last meeting, we'll have that with no problems. 

And a suggestion, if you'll indulge me, have you contacted Romeo's on 72 in Loudon? They do have a large room that would hold 95 people. And the food is marvelous!

Thank you for your efforts!

Best regards,
Mike
K4MJF

Re: Fw: Catering Menu for Jan. 12th

Brent Martin
 

Put us down for 2 wherever. 73, Brent

On Nov 30, 2018 7:12 PM, Joyce Tarbell <joycekras@...> wrote:
 TLARC members,

Let me know if dinner at Country Kinfolk on Jan 12 with the menu/ cost indicated below is acceptable to you.  How many of you would you attend?  Please reply by Monday Dec 3 so I can confirm the reservation with the restaurant.


Joyce Tarbell


On Friday, November 30, 2018 1:03 PM, Country Kinfolk <countrykinfolkfarms@...> wrote:


Joyce,
I talked with the ladies and they agreed that $20 for January 12th - food.
Appetizers, 2 meats, veggies, sweet & unsweetened tea, desserts. 
The price from increase from $17 to $20 from last year is due to food cost increase. 
I hope this email finds you well on this Friday and I hope you have a great weekend, 
Daisy at Country Kinfolk


On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 10:26 AM Country Kinfolk <countrykinfolkfarms@... wrote:
Thank you Joyce for taking time to talk with me this morning.
Cafe Venue - NO CHARGE (with our catering)
Attached *CATERING MENU*
Please let me know if you have any questions, 
Daisy at Country Kinfolk




Re: Fw: Catering Menu for Jan. 12th

Sharron Fritts
 

At $40/couple, Steve and I will have to pass.  We can eat at Dinner Bell for about $24, generous tip and all!!  And in our opinion, the food is better.
We're not suggesting Dinner Bell, just using it as a comparison. 
 
Sharron & Steve Fritts
 
 
 
 

-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 11/30/2018 9:56:08 PM
Subject: Re: [TLARC] Fw: Catering Menu for Jan. 12th
 
Put us down for 2 wherever. 73, Brent

On Nov 30, 2018 7:12 PM, Joyce Tarbell <joycekras@...> wrote:
 TLARC members,

Let me know if dinner at Country Kinfolk on Jan 12 with the menu/ cost indicated below is acceptable to you.  How many of you would you attend?  Please reply by Monday Dec 3 so I can confirm the reservation with the restaurant.


Joyce Tarbell


On Friday, November 30, 2018 1:03 PM, Country Kinfolk <countrykinfolkfarms@...> wrote:


Joyce,
I talked with the ladies and they agreed that $20 for January 12th - food.
Appetizers, 2 meats, veggies, sweet & unsweetened tea, desserts. 
The price from increase from $17 to $20 from last year is due to food cost increase. 
I hope this email finds you well on this Friday and I hope you have a great weekend, 
Daisy at Country Kinfolk


On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 10:26 AM Country Kinfolk <countrykinfolkfarms@... wrote:
Thank you Joyce for taking time to talk with me this morning.
Cafe Venue - NO CHARGE (with our catering)
Attached *CATERING MENU*
Please let me know if you have any questions, 
Daisy at Country Kinfolk




 

Re: Run LoCo

George N2APB
 

Listening to activity this morning -- good going by all so far!

Reminder ... Everyone please take photos of/from your operation for later posting as activity on the TLARC website. Runners going by, you sitting in the car at the rest stop, etc.

Thanks & continued good luck this rainy morning.

George N2APB
www.tlarc.com 

Accessing FCC licensing data records will change soon

George N2APB
 

Hi all,

First of all, you can IGNORE THIS EMAIL if you been using a 3rd-party service to renew or update your Amateur Radio license.

Otherwise, many of us have been using the FCC "ULS" website to renew our licenses, change addresses, names, etc ... and we will soon (next March) have to access to the FCC User Registration site through the CORES (Commission Registration Service).  We can go ahead now and set that connection to the new CORES site.  In the end, it will really not be a lot different than it is now, except we won't be able to go directly to fcc.gov/uls to view/change/update our licenses.

To create your CORES id, and associate it with your FRN, take these steps:  

1) First, find your FRN number associated with your license, which you can find by looking yourself up on www.qrz.com ... Click on the Details tab, then on the button for VIEW FCC LICENCE, and you'll see your 10-digit FRN number in the Licensee field.  Save this FRN number for later use in step 5 below.

2) Next visit https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do  and look for the middle box labeled "Need a Username?" that has a Register button in the middle.  Click on that Register button.  

3) Fill out the short form, which basically requires only an email address as your user name, and your full name.    I suggest using the same email address as you have for your current FRN access.  

4) An email will be sent to you to confirm your user ID.  Click on that confirmation link and 
login again at https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do.  This time, select the left box to log in.  

5) You should see a list of options on this page: https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userHome.do  Select the first option: Associate Username to FRN   Then follow directions to link your registered username to your FRN found in Step 1.

Sounds complex, right?  Well, it's the government!

73, George N2APB 

KN4DUA Club Station activated for ARRL 160m CCW Contest!

George N2APB
 

Some TLARC Field Nuts setup shop at Chez WK9M this past weekend to work the club station KU4DUA in the annual ARRL 160m Contest ... 

Read all about our harrowing adventures on the TLARC website ... www.tlarc.org

73, Juan AC6ZM, Randy WK9M, David KF4DKW and Sam KV4XY
TLARC Website ... www.tlarc.org  

Re: Fw: Catering Menu for Jan. 12th

Jim Jenkins
 

Wanda and I won’t make it.

Thank-you for your efforts Joyce,

Regards,

Jim J.

AA1J

 

From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> On Behalf Of Joyce Tarbell
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 7:13 PM
To: tlarc@groups.io
Subject: [TLARC] Fw: Catering Menu for Jan. 12th

 

 TLARC members,

 

Let me know if dinner at Country Kinfolk on Jan 12 with the menu/ cost indicated below is acceptable to you.  How many of you would you attend?  Please reply by Monday Dec 3 so I can confirm the reservation with the restaurant.

 

 

Joyce Tarbell

 

On Friday, November 30, 2018 1:03 PM, Country Kinfolk <countrykinfolkfarms@...> wrote:

 

Joyce,

I talked with the ladies and they agreed that $20 for January 12th - food.

Appetizers, 2 meats, veggies, sweet & unsweetened tea, desserts. 

The price from increase from $17 to $20 from last year is due to food cost increase. 

I hope this email finds you well on this Friday and I hope you have a great weekend, 

Daisy at Country Kinfolk

 

 

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 10:26 AM Country Kinfolk <countrykinfolkfarms@... wrote:

Thank you Joyce for taking time to talk with me this morning.

Cafe Venue - NO CHARGE (with our catering)

Attached *CATERING MENU*

Please let me know if you have any questions, 

Daisy at Country Kinfolk

 

 

Article in the newspaper about the Marathon

 

I saw this and thought I'd share with the group, especially with the ones who helped with the marathon

http://www.news-herald.net/news/marathon-runs-without-hitch/article_36cfdf30-def4-55ae-ba5f-0b56eba1127d.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

73,
Mike
K4MJF