Date   
Re: New Ham - Ben Poff

John Haskell
 

Don't let the EC see this!   See what happens when safety officer Dale is not present!

Re: New Ham - Ben Poff

Ben Poff
 

Thanks George ... and everyone else ... I had a blast, learned a lot, and GOTA all in one day! Kind of surreal actually. Attached a photo of the deteriorating weather ...

73

Ben KN4VIF

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 11:37 George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:

Very Important Fellow indeed!  Way to go Ben.

 

73, George N2APB

 

From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Haskell via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 8:14 AM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TLARC] New Ham - Ben Poff

 

The WCARS and FCC are getting quicker and quicker in issuing new licenses.

Let's see.......VIF = Very Important Fellow, Very Interesting Fellow, ......

--
Ben Poff, EMS-LA 
Lead Auditor ISO 14001 - Environmental Consultant
Green Canoe Solutions
Loudon, TN 37774
(865) 657-9712  Office/Home
(865) 440-6139  Cell

Re: New Ham - Ben Poff

George N2APB
 

Very Important Fellow indeed!  Way to go Ben.

 

73, George N2APB

 

From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Haskell via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 8:14 AM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TLARC] New Ham - Ben Poff

 

The WCARS and FCC are getting quicker and quicker in issuing new licenses.

Let's see.......VIF = Very Important Fellow, Very Interesting Fellow, ......

FD 2019 Photos

Juan Lopez
 

TLARC members,

Please forward all photos to George - N2APB (webmaster) so he can establish a story for field day 2019 for the TLARC website.

Juan
AC6ZM

Re: New Ham - Ben Poff

Juan Lopez
 

Congrats Ben!


From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> on behalf of John Haskell via Groups.Io <jasm2213@...>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 8:14:27 AM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TLARC] New Ham - Ben Poff
 
The WCARS and FCC are getting quicker and quicker in issuing new licenses.

Let's see.......VIF = Very Important Fellow, Very Interesting Fellow, ......

Re: New Ham - Ben Poff

John Haskell
 

The WCARS and FCC are getting quicker and quicker in issuing new licenses.

Let's see.......VIF = Very Important Fellow, Very Interesting Fellow, ......

New Ham - Ben Poff

Joyce Tarbell
 

Congratulations to Ben Poff who passed his Tech exam Saturday.  His call sign is KN4VIF.  Catch him on the air.

Re: Items Needed for FD 2019 - amended

David Schoenherr
 

Also , found the thermal cup.  It’s on the food table with an HT that was left here also.  


On Jun 23, 2019, at 10:50 AM, David Schoenherr via Groups.Io <dschoenherr1@...> wrote:

If able, probably before 2 pm when it ends & they will be tearing down.


On Jun 23, 2019, at 9:31 AM, Ben Poff <piscator359@...> wrote:

Juan,

Hope everyone was safe last night! A couple of things, first thank you and everyone else for helping me get past the first level of testing. Second, I managed to leave my travel mug (its a silver, insulated "Hydro" something or other). And lastly, besides coming by to pick up that travel mug, I was wondering if it would be a problem if I brought some some of my kids by who might be interested in what Ham is about. I know y'all are shutting down sometime this afternoon, so I'm not sure how chaotic things might be. I was thinking about coming by around 1500 hrs.

Let me know ...

Thanks!

Ben

Re: Items Needed for FD 2019 - amended

David Schoenherr
 

If able, probably before 2 pm when it ends & they will be tearing down.


On Jun 23, 2019, at 9:31 AM, Ben Poff <piscator359@...> wrote:

Juan,

Hope everyone was safe last night! A couple of things, first thank you and everyone else for helping me get past the first level of testing. Second, I managed to leave my travel mug (its a silver, insulated "Hydro" something or other). And lastly, besides coming by to pick up that travel mug, I was wondering if it would be a problem if I brought some some of my kids by who might be interested in what Ham is about. I know y'all are shutting down sometime this afternoon, so I'm not sure how chaotic things might be. I was thinking about coming by around 1500 hrs.

Let me know ...

Thanks!

Ben

Re: Items Needed for FD 2019 - amended

Ben Poff
 

Juan,

Hope everyone was safe last night! A couple of things, first thank you and everyone else for helping me get past the first level of testing. Second, I managed to leave my travel mug (its a silver, insulated "Hydro" something or other). And lastly, besides coming by to pick up that travel mug, I was wondering if it would be a problem if I brought some some of my kids by who might be interested in what Ham is about. I know y'all are shutting down sometime this afternoon, so I'm not sure how chaotic things might be. I was thinking about coming by around 1500 hrs.

Let me know ...

Thanks!

Ben

Re: Items Needed for FD 2019

Juan Lopez
 

Power supply is in hand Barry. No need for another one.


From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> on behalf of Barry Johnson K8NWB via Groups.Io <callisto989@...>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 6:33:14 PM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TLARC] Items Needed for FD 2019
 
Juan--

If you didn't get one already, I have a 35 amp Astron Power supply that I can make available
?????

Barry
K8NWB
===========
On Friday, June 21, 2019, 10:10:53 AM EDT, Juan Lopez <jloz34@...> wrote:


TLARC members,

I still need the following items for field day. Please respond directly to me if you can provide the item(s). Plan to deliver the items to the field day site Saturday morning (before noon).

(1) 25 amp or better power supply
(2) 200 feet of Ethernet cable
(3) Multiple outlet surge suppressor
(4) 8 Barrel connectors for joining SO-239 transmission line
(5) speed bumps to protect cable across heavy traffic areas
(6) Headphone and mic boom headset
(7) External speaker (identify what type of connector it has)
(8) 2 meter mag mount antenna for HF Shelter (prefer PL-259 connector)

73
Juan
AC6ZM


Re: Items Needed for FD 2019

Joyce Tarbell
 

You all might want to bring a folding chair for outside.

Joyce Tarbell

Re: Items Needed for FD 2019

Barry Johnson K8NWB
 

Juan--

If you didn't get one already, I have a 35 amp Astron Power supply that I can make available
?????

Barry
K8NWB
===========

On Friday, June 21, 2019, 10:10:53 AM EDT, Juan Lopez <jloz34@...> wrote:


TLARC members,

I still need the following items for field day. Please respond directly to me if you can provide the item(s). Plan to deliver the items to the field day site Saturday morning (before noon).

(1) 25 amp or better power supply
(2) 200 feet of Ethernet cable
(3) Multiple outlet surge suppressor
(4) 8 Barrel connectors for joining SO-239 transmission line
(5) speed bumps to protect cable across heavy traffic areas
(6) Headphone and mic boom headset
(7) External speaker (identify what type of connector it has)
(8) 2 meter mag mount antenna for HF Shelter (prefer PL-259 connector)

73
Juan
AC6ZM


Re: Items Needed for FD 2019

Tim KE4OTZ Montgomery
 

Are you needing these for all stations? I have everything for mine. I will bring some cat5 cable with ends and a speaker(it has 1/8"/1/4"adapter)


-----Original Message-----
From: Juan Lopez <jloz34@...>
To: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jun 21, 2019 10:10 AM
Subject: [TLARC] Items Needed for FD 2019


TLARC members,

I still need the following items for field day. Please respond directly to me if you can provide the item(s). Plan to deliver the items to the field day site Saturday morning (before noon).

(1) 25 amp or better power supply
(2) 200 feet of Ethernet cable
(3) Multiple outlet surge suppressor
(4) 8 Barrel connectors for joining SO-239 transmission line
(5) speed bumps to protect cable across heavy traffic areas
(6) Headphone and mic boom headset
(7) External speaker (identify what type of connector it has)
(8) 2 meter mag mount antenna for HF Shelter (prefer PL-259 connector)

73
Juan
AC6ZM


Field Day 2019 Update

Juan Lopez
 

TLARC,

Please visit the TLARC.org website to get FD details. The following timeline is the latest on what is happening:

Address: 500 John Parris Dr, Loudon, TN 37774

0900: Setup time starts 
1100: License testing session starts
1200: BBQ starts along with food table setup 
1300: DV Arrivals and general guests (meet & greet & tours - Harley Mike is POC) 
1400: Official Kick-off & large group photo with DV's

73
Juan
AC6ZM

Items Needed for FD 2019

Juan Lopez
 

TLARC members,

I still need the following items for field day. Please respond directly to me if you can provide the item(s). Plan to deliver the items to the field day site Saturday morning (before noon).

(1) 25 amp or better power supply
(2) 200 feet of Ethernet cable
(3) Multiple outlet surge suppressor
(4) 8 Barrel connectors for joining SO-239 transmission line
(5) speed bumps to protect cable across heavy traffic areas
(6) Headphone and mic boom headset
(7) External speaker (identify what type of connector it has)
(8) 2 meter mag mount antenna for HF Shelter (prefer PL-259 connector)

73
Juan
AC6ZM


Keeping everyone on the same page...

David Andrews
 

Good evening,

 

I received word that there may be someone confused as to the plans for tomorrow evening. The pre-meeting dinner will be at the Z Fish House, 846 Mulberry Street in Loudon at 5:00. This gives time to eat and shoot the breeze, with time to travel to the Chota Rec Center for the meeting at 7:00 PM. The meeting is NOT at Z Fish House.

 

This is the final meeting before Field Day, which is this weekend. Come to the meeting top get the latest updates on operating schedule, set-up and breakdown times, and all the other tidbits and details.

 

So far, we’ve received word that the following folks will be in attendance:

 

David Andrews

Jeanette Andrews

David Schoenherr

Mike Wagner

Gidget Wagner (hopefully)

Juan Lopez

Tom Sullivan

 

If you’re not on this list and wish to join us, just shoot me an email (n1esk1@...) and I’ll add you to the list.

 

See you tomorrow,

 

David Andrews, N1ESK

Re: Dinner before the meeting Wednesday night

Tom Sullivan
 

One for dinner


On Jun 17, 2019, at 19:12, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Last call: The pre-meeting dinner this month will be held at the Z Fish House, 846 Mulberry St, Loudon, beginning at 5:00 PM. We haven’t received many replies, so if you forgot, please let me know so we can adjust the reservations accordingly.

 

See you Wednesday night,

 

David Andrews, N1ESK

Re: Dinner before the meeting Wednesday night

George N2APB
 

Z’er zwill zbe ztwo zof zus zfer zdinner zat Zee ZFish Zhouse. 

z73, zGeorge zN2APB zand zDeb

On Jun 17, 2019, at 7:12 PM, David Andrews <n1esk1@...> wrote:

Last call: The pre-meeting dinner this month will be held at the Z Fish House, 846 Mulberry St, Loudon, beginning at 5:00 PM. We haven’t received many replies, so if you forgot, please let me know so we can adjust the reservations accordingly.

 

See you Wednesday night,

 

David Andrews, N1ESK

Dinner before the meeting Wednesday night

David Andrews
 

Last call: The pre-meeting dinner this month will be held at the Z Fish House, 846 Mulberry St, Loudon, beginning at 5:00 PM. We haven’t received many replies, so if you forgot, please let me know so we can adjust the reservations accordingly.

 

See you Wednesday night,

 

David Andrews, N1ESK