Re: Contest Season

WK9M

I had picked up some fence wire and insulators as discussed prior today from TSC; total cost was just under $51.  This is to fix up the old beverage antenna that broke from last year.   The left-over wire we have can be used for a new beverage antenna since it's short.

Some of the items below--if you have something close will also work correct Juan?

Like a 3' ground rod is good, if you have a shortie you were just going to toss.

When Juan says RG-213, RG8 is also OK.  I have a 100' roll of RG8x which will work on 160m fine (to the closer antenna), but it's not enough for both antenna runs.

I forget whose antenna tuner we used last year but if you have something that's rated a little less we'd keep the power back.

Thanks & 73
Randy
WK9M

On 10/12/2020 7:06 PM, Juan Lopez wrote:

Dear TLARC Members,

We are making preparations for the 160 meter contest season starting next weekend.

We are in need of some supplies to reduce the cost to club funds.

Please contact me directly if you have any of the materials below to arrange for a pick-up.

ITEMS NEEDED

  1. RG-58 126 feet
  2. RG-6 with connectors 150-200 feet
  3. 4  Ground rods 4-6 ft.
  4. RG-213 coax cable with SO-239 type connectors (any length, the longer the better)
  5. Chassis mount SO-239 connectors
  6. Legal limit tuner

Juan

AC6ZM