Re: Cell coverage for Tellico Village area?

Jim Anderson <jimk0rgi@...>

I use an Android phone on Google Fi but the XYL has an iPhone. She's been on Cricket since before we moved here in 2017 and hasn't experienced any coverage issues in the Village or surrounding areas. Cricket uses the AT&T network, so coverage while traveling hasn’t been much of an issue either.

Google Fi for iPhone is in beta. For supported Android phones, Fi automagically switches between Sprint, US Cellular and T-mobile networks without roaming charges, so it's been a nice solution for me. That feature isn't supported on iPhone though.

For our use cases, both Cricket and Fi required unlocked phones.

73, Jim - K0RGI

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020, 10:06 AM George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:
Currently have Verizon and wishing to change. Thoughts on which supplier has better coverage here in TV?  (If it matters, we have iPhones, not Android.)

Thanks,