From: Noah Keck <nkeck1@vols.utk.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020, 10:14:44 AM EDT
Subject: ARISS SSTV activity coming up on 2M FM

I know that some of our club members are interested in SSTV as a mode, but
some only have VHF/UHF equipment and are thus unable to work SSTV on HF. I
wanted to share with you an opportunity to listen to the ISS broadcasting
SSTV on the 2-meter band on September 30 and October 1. More details are
included if you follow the link below. You can also get email notifications
of future events on the same website if you go to the home page at
http://ariss-sstv.blogspot.com.

Link to the event details:
http://ariss-sstv.blogspot.com/2020/09/mai-sstv-activity-on-september-30-and
.html

The event is RX-only, but it should help you get a feel for not only what it
takes to receive SSTV images but also how to track a moving satellite (for
what it's worth, I've been able to track these in the past with little more
than a Baofeng with a good whip antenna pointed at the ISS).

Just thought I would let you know of the upcoming event in case it might be
of interest to you.

-Noah, KN4YDZ