Re: Time Preference for the Weekly Nets #poll

Jim Anderson

I'll jump in as well. I think a 7:00 radio net followed by a Zoom presentation of whatever flavor - an educational presentation, auction, etc. would be fine. My only additional thought would be to make these twice a month, on the first and third Wednesday of the month. The third Wednesday will eventually be replaced by our in person meetings as soon as we're able, and the first Wednesday becomes an additional time that we can meet. For those who can't or don't wish to start meeting again in person because of health concerns or whatever, the first Wednesday net and Zoom presentation is a way for them to stay involved with the club. I just think a weekly net is overkill.

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 10:10 AM Mikeljay <k4mjf.1@...> wrote:
Club members,

Personally, I don't see any reason to change the meeting time to one earlier than one we would normally have. To me, having a meeting at 6:30pm takes away from my time with the family during the normal dinner hour.

Normally we would have a face to face meeting at 7pm, which would last 30 to 45 minutes, to conduct any normal Club business, then move on to any discussion or presentation, which would usually last until 8:30 or 9pm

During the time that we can't currently have a face to face meeting, we can conduct our "normal" Club meeting on the repeater, then move to ZOOM for any presentation afterwards, because you don't have to have a FCC license to use ZOOM, so ANYONE can join in, or give a presentation.

My vote is to move the meeting time back to 7pm on the Club repeater, followed by a presentation or whatever on ZOOM.