Re: Tellico Village Antenna Permit

David Schoenherr

Thanks, good info.

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 5:12 PM Jim Anderson <kzerorgi@...> wrote:
I haven't seen anyone post about applying for the new antenna permit now available as of January 1, so I thought I'd relate my experience in case it might help anyone else thinking of doing this. As Allen mentioned at a TLARC meeting, the permit is free unless you indicate that your antenna project is valued at over $900 or it will require an inspection. Since my antenna is just wire, insulators and feed line, along with some rope and pulleys, it came in well under the $900 limit.

  • To apply for a permit, you need to complete and submit a miscellaneous permit application. The form is available on the POA website at thisĀ LINK. It's a fill-in PDF form so you can complete it on your computer and then print out the completed form if you wish. It's quite simple to prepare and probably took me less than an hour, which included constructing a diagram that I submitted with the form showing where the antenna would be located. I described the antenna in detail so that there wouldn't be any question of whether the antenna size and location meet the ACC Blue Book requirements.
  • The completed application is turned in to Holly Hooper at the POA office, who routes it for review and approval. I don't know if it's typical or not, but I had an approval back in just a couple of days.

It's nice knowing that I can be out working on the antenna and, if anyone asks what I'm doing, I can be upfront with them and indicate that I have a permit.

73, Jim - K0RGI