Re: Sad news

Jim Jenkins

Thank-you for the information Dave. My home in New Hampshire is Derry which is where the 85 repeater is located. I’m not active on the 85 repeater but am close to it. Deerfield is about 30 miles north of my location. I’ve helped take a tower down and it can be a very dangerous under taking.

Hope all is well.

Regards,

AA1J

Jim

From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Andrews
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 9:32 AM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Cc: 'John Borichevsky, N1TOX' <n1tox@...>; 'Ken Morse' <kennethjmorse@...>; 'Charles Baker' <chas.baker@...>; 'ka1zqx' <ka1zqx@...>
Subject: [TLARC] Sad news

I received this post from my friends in New England this morning.

Joseph's shack....

Hello Everyone,

With great regret, I'm emailing all IRS members past and present to pass along some sad news. On Saturday, 7/27, Joseph  Areyzaga/K1JGA was killed in a tower accident in Deerfield, NH. Also injured in this tragedy was Michael Rancourt/K1EEE ... no further information was available on Mike's condition. From what I understand, Joe was assisting Mike in disassembling the tower when it collapsed causing both of them (while wearing safety harnesses) and the tower to crash to the ground.

I never met Joe but his presence on the 85 repeater will certainly be missed by all of us. Please join me in conveying our deepest condolences to Joe's family and friends.

If I receive any updates on Mike's condition or funeral arrangements for Joe, I will be sure to pass the information along.

Gianni/N1GD

Join TLARC@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.