Re: Ham radios included in new cell phone law?

John Haskell <jasm2213@...>

New law has an exemption for amateur radio.

On Thursday, July 4, 2019, 9:26:30 AM EDT, Gary Stickel <garystickel@...> wrote:

The new “cell phone” law reads, in part:
“House amendment 1 (006464) prohibits physically holding or supporting, with any part of a person's body, a wireless telecommunications device or stand-alone electronic device while operating a motor vehicle unless the vehicle is lawfully parked. “
I understand the intent is to stop distracted driving caused by cell phones; but does “...a wireless telecommunications device or stand-alone electronic device....” include ham radios? Or the microphone attached to an HT, for example?  I’d like to know!

Gary - K4RQT