Re: Upcoming TLARC Field Nut Event

Jim Anderson

Good morning, TLARC.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is looking quite miserable and I'm cancelling my participation in the QRP To The Field event. The predicted 50 degree high temperature isn't terrible, but the accompanying rain is a show-stopper for me. Have fun if you decide to set up at Lenoir City Park and operate.

72/73, Jim - K0RGI

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 12:47 PM Jim Anderson via Groups.Io <jimk0rgi=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good morning, TLARC!

Saturday, April 20 marks the traditional first major QRP field event of the year - QRP To The Field. Rules are available at this link:

This year's theme is "Any Ole Park" and the TLARC Field Nuts plan to activate at Lenoir City Park overlooking the Fort Loudoun Dam. No specific times but I would anticipate the afternoon hours being prime for 40 and 20 meter propagation.

This event partners with Summits On The Air so there should be a number of SOTA activations that day to provide additional contact opportunities. Not sure about low power operating? Come on out and see what can be done with a full QRP gallon - 5 watts CW or 10 watts SSB.

We hope to see you there - it's been a wet spring so let's hope for a nice day on the 20th!

72, Jim - K0RGI