Tim Montgomery
N4TLM
865-256-8827

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 10:30, George Sifnotis via groups.io
<Zapatel@...> wrote:
what the display looks like for 818

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 08:20:53 AM CDT, michael J. foley <mikeljay1953@...> wrote:

Sounds good, another upgrade that would be good is if Yaesu would up the output power to 10 watts on 12 volts, like ICOM has done with the IC-705…..

K4MJF

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: George N2APB
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 9:06 AM
To: tlarc@groups.io
Subject: [TLARC] FT-818ND nice radio

Hey all,

FYI … George WB9TFR recently showed me a new external 3.2” display he got for his FT-818ND. Real nice colorful graphics and unit connects via the CAT connector on back.  So much easier now to see radio functions as compared to the original little built-in screen. Cool stuff.

(I’d probably get an ‘818 if I could sell my TS2000 and/or 811H amp. Nice rig for portable use: all-band HF-VHF-UHF, 5w out, CW-SSB-AM.)