Re: TN QSO Party

Jeff Buffington N4POD

I would beg to differ.  FT8 and FT4 are acceptable digital modes, however, ALL digital modes are equivalent.  If you work someone on FT8 on 20m, you can't work them again in RTTY, because you've already worked them on 20m "digital."  I plan on using FT8,  possibly FT4, and maybe even do some SSB.  Now as for how to configure it... I'm still working on that part.  🤔

From the TNQP.org rules:
QSO Points:
3 points per QSO regardless of mode.
Repeater QSOs DO NOT count (this includes packet digipeaters). However, direct station-to-station packet contacts do count.
On all acceptable bands, CW and other digital modes count separately. For example, you can work W9WI on 3540 kHz CW; 3585 kHz Baudot RTTY; and 3820 kHz SSB, for three contacts on 80 meters. All digital modes besides CW are equivalent. If you work W9WI on 14085 kHz Baudot RTTY you cannot work him again on 14070 kHz FT8 for point credit.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 10:47 PM Juan Lopez <jloz34@...> wrote:

Bruce,

Good Question, FT8 is not a mode authorized for points in the TNQP. There is no provision to send the proper exchange. Out-of-state operators send signal report and state (not ARRL section) while in-state sends signal report and the four letter abbreviation for county. If you are on a county line, you can send all the counties (sometimes 2-3). Digital modes allowed are RTTY, PSK31, FSK441, JT6M, etc. because they can accommodate these exchanges during the TNQP. Hope that clarifies the FT-8 question for you.

73

Juan

AC6ZM

Get Outlook for Android