Re: Area repeaters with back-up power?

michael J. foley

Actually George, I use the online version of Repeaterbook
(www.repeaterbook.com) to search for repeaters when I travel, or when I program a radio. It seems to have the most up to date information, and it's FREE!!!! ( I like free..... ) If you have smartphone, there is a version you can download for either the Android or iOS, and you can look at repeaters within a distance you put into the app......no matter where you are. It works well if you are travelling and not sure what repeaters are within range. It will give the frequency, shift and pl tone and distance. And.... it's FREE as well!!!

Not sure who updates the information for the repeater, the repeater owner/trustee or ?!?!?!!??, but I'll consult with David, KF4DKW. He might know.....

73,
Mike, K4MJF

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021, 4:59 PM George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:
Thanks Mike. That’s a nice feature (search) of an online/CD version(?)  of the Repeaterbook.
(Doesn’t list ours - WB4BSC?)

On Sep 2, 2021, at 3:40 PM, michael J. foley <mikeljay1953@...> wrote:

Most, if not all, of the repeaters in the WB4GBI family have emergency power.
They are ; 145.470
                  146.625
                  146.730
                  146.850
                  146.940  also used for Skywarn
                  147.075  open autopatch

KA4OAK 147.360, which is a wide area coverage repeater, also has emergency power.

I did a little search in Repeaterbook to see what repeaters in Tennessee were running on emergency power........ this is what I found........
<epower1.jpg>
<epower2.jpg>
<epower3.jpg>
I would think that the W4KEV and W4BBB family of repeaters have either battery back up or generators. I would have to talk to Kevin to find out for sure.....