Re: Come join us for TLARC Field Day 2021

Jeff Buffington N4POD

I plan on being there on Friday as well to scout everything out and do some early prep for antennas.

We are presently up to 15 survey responses.  If anyone hasn't already completed the survey, please do!  We're counting on each and every one of you out there to make this the best Field Day ever!

Remember to invite your family and friends to the event!  Field Day is an event open to and even encouraging the public to see what we hams do. Promote the event throughout the week on any nets or regular conversations you might participate in... I have been!  This is crunch time!

You can get to the survey from the TLARC website (tlarc.org), or directly by going to https://forms.gle/H4FXqmrnJhAuwFWw7

Thanks and 73!
Jeff/N4POD
321-217-7645 (cell)

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 11:09 PM WK9M <randykgm@...> wrote:
I'm going to be there on Friday around Noon myself and plan to be there until Dinner as I will likely end up working the late night shift Saturday (12AM-6AM) and could use a helper or two.  Past history has shown a light crew available after midnight.  :)

If you get KK6OKU's Chameleon setup off the North balcony and Juan's hex or A4S on the ARES tower done before Noon (the hex is suggested) that will just leave the Carolina Windom and my Chameleon to setup when I arrive.  KF4DKW and I walked the beverage antenna already and it just required minor trimming.

One part of Field Day that is often forgotten is the take down when it's done.  If you are around Sunday at 2PM please also consider coming out for a little bit to help take down and clean.  I've taken down antennas myself after FD but it goes really slow.

Hope to see you there!

Randy

On 6/20/2021 9:07 PM, Mikeljay wrote:
TLARC Field Day Flyer 2021 reboot.jpg

Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club Vice President
Smoky Mountain Amateur Radio Club