Hands Free Law in Ohio

Eric Ressler

Hello TLARC

I wanted to give you guys a heads up on a new bill making its way through the Ohio General Assembly

House Bill 283 will make Ohio a Hands Free state while driving. Ham radio operators are not exempt from this. If a ham is on the radio not responding to an emergency, he/she will be subject to a fine. If the ham is responding to an emergency, they are not subject to the fine

Please note that this will be a primary offense. You can be pulled over for talking on your radio.

I know that this is in Ohio, I wanted to share this with you all so be prepared later in the year.

The information I have received was from State Rep Cindy Abrams.

Any questions, please ask.

Take care and 73
Eric Ressler  KD8LHZ
Storm Chaser