Re: Drill press and v-block

Dale Stewart

Here’s what I found at Harbor Freight:

$70 for the drill press and $9 for the guide. You’re in business forever for many projects for less than $100!

Best regards!

Dale Stewart

On Feb 19, 2021, at 10:32 AM, Tim KE4OTZ Montgomery via groups.io <ke4otz@...> wrote:

I can do some at work. What length of masts are we talking about?

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 03:42:06 PM EST, Lou Devillon <ldevillon@...> wrote:

What diameter and length is the pipe? Aluminum?

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 1:07 PM WK9M <randykgm@...> wrote:
Juan and I were emailing each other back and forth about the QST article
on November 2020, pg. 38.

In this article there is a suggestion to add hinge pins to your masts so
that you can lock them in place.  Juan and I both don't have a drill
press or tubing v-block that will let you center round objects and drill
a hole on the exact peak.

The goal is to drill all of the holes in the tubing such that they line
up and are still interchangeable with each other no matter which mast
you grab.  If one is 1/4" off to the right and another is 1/8" off to
the left then that's not too universal.  You get the idea; exact center
as much as possible.

If you have something or an idea reply to this and let us know; most
likely Juan may want to pay you a visit (and I am curious how you'd do
that).

'73
Randy