From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Anderson
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 11:03 AM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TLARC] FCC Rules Change

I used the link Brad provided but I didn't know my FRN, so I then logged in to the CORES site at https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do. Once in CORES, there is a menu selection for managing existing FRNs.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020, 10:44 AM Gary Stickel <garystickel@...> wrote:

Interesting and helpful.

Where do you go to verify your information?

G ===============

On Nov 30, 2020, at 9:26 AM, Jim Anderson <jimk0rgi@...> wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Brad. I checked my information and was surprised to find that CORES still had my old information from prior to moving to Tellico Village. I'd updated my license information at that time and just assumed that it would carry through everywhere. Well, you know what happens when you assume! Everything is up to date now, which should come in handy when I need to renew my license in 2024.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 9:11 AM Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger <km4ojk@...> wrote:

Be sure you are compliant.
IF they send you an e-mail and it bounces, they can revoke your license.

Link to update FCC admin license file.

On September 16, 2020, the FCC adopted Report and Order FCC 20-126.  This R&O requires that ALL licensees in any radio service administered by the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (WTB) must have a current e-mail address on file as part of their ULS record.  This includes the Amateur Radio Service.  These new regulations will go into effect 6 months after the R&O is published in the Federal Register.  It has not yet been published.

There are changes to 2 sections in Part 97 -- §97.21 & §97.23.

The new text of §97.23 reads:

§ 97.23 Mailing and e-mail addresses.

Each license grant must show the grantee's correct name, mailing address, and e-mail address. The e-mail address must be an address where the grantee can receive electronic correspondence. Revocation of the station license or suspension of the operator license may result when correspondence from the FCC is returned as undeliverable because the grantee failed to provide the correct e-mail address.

The changes to §97.23 are similar in that the words “mailing address” are replaced with the words “mailing and e-mail address” each time that they appear.

This new regulation requires that all existing licensees update their ULS record to include a current e-mail address the same as a current mailing address.  This can be done either online or by submitting an application through a VE test session.