Topics

Verbano Express Luino-Einsiedeln 30/11/19

adrianknight47@sky.com

Today the Verbano Christmas trip was hauled by Re6/6 11666 with assistance from Re4/4 421387 from Arth-Goldau.

Adrian

csipromo

Was the Re 421 pushing up the grade from Goldau to Rothenburg or did it go all the way to Biberbrugg and then head the train into Einsiedeln?

Heléna Moretti

Hello Mike,

The pan was up throughout the climb and it was powering out of Arth Goldau and both loops. It then worked Biberbrugg to Einsiedeln and Biberbrugg down the hill to Arth on the way back. So both the Re6/6 and the 421 powered uphill to make sure acceleration was at its best and avoid delaying the intensive service train schedule.

Hope that helps

On 1 Dec 2019, at 17:49, csipromo via Groups.Io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Was the Re 421 pushing up the grade from Goldau to Rothenburg or did it go all the way to Biberbrugg and then head the train into Einsiedeln?

Chris Wood

I presume it worked over the classic Gotthard route rather than though the base tunnel. Was that hauled by 11666 as well?.

Heléna Moretti

Yes Chris,

over classic route with 11666 both ways. Next Re6/6 tour in July 2020, Luino and Bellinzona to Schaffhausen.