Topics

unidentified locomotives

Alan Kent <alankent46@...>

I have just returned from Switzerland and saw several locos that I can't identify

locos 232 453, 460 and 596
Loco 237 949
4 axle loco at Basel Kleinhuningen.( Rhenus port loco with FAUR on the front - possibly a Romanian loco rebuild)
Two Ta shunters at Zurich locomotive works - are they 974 and 975?

Any help with identities would be appreciated

Thank you

Guerbetaler

Am 23.05.2019 um 19:45 schrieb Alan Kent via Groups.Io:
I have just returned from Switzerland and saw several locos that I can't identify
locos 232 453, 460 and 596
ex SBB Tm III 9453, 9460, 9596
<https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SBB_Tm_III_(Baudienst)>

Loco 237 949
No official number. Where did you see it?

4 axle loco at Basel Kleinhuningen.( Rhenus port loco with FAUR on the front - possibly a Romanian loco rebuild)
<https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/deutschland~bahnhoefe-a---e~basel-bad-bf/1144981/seitenportrait-von-rhenus-am-847-911-5.html>

Two Ta shunters at Zurich locomotive works - are they 974 and 975?
depends, which ones you saw...

Markus, Gürbetal

Alan Kent <alankent46@...>

Hello
Many thanks for the information
I saw 237 949 in the Sersa workshop at Hinwil
The only additional information about the Ta locos is that they appeared to be identical and 4 wheeled and were in the old SBB shunter red livery. Do they have more than 2 such locos?
Thank you
Alan kent

Guerbetaler

Am 23.05.2019 um 22:04 schrieb Alan Kent via Groups.Io:
I saw 237 949 in the Sersa workshop at Hinwil
This seems to be former Weiacher Kies Tm 2, a Moyse with works n?? 1410/1977. A second similar loco, Tm 1 is Moyse 1301/1975, but this one was still in Weiach in 2015
<https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/schweiz~dieselloks~tm-sonstige/871631/tm-22-nr1-diesellok-der-weiacher.html>

The foto I found of 237 949 is dated 2011 and taken in the LSB workshop (not Sersa) but is not public. Those who are members of BFS might get it:
<https://www.bahnforum.ch/index.php/Thread/11664-Rollmaterial-Traktoren-Werktraktoren/?postID=603584&highlight=Sersa%2Bhinwil#post603584>

Markus, G??rbetal

Guerbetaler

Am 23.05.2019 um 19:45 schrieb Alan Kent via Groups.Io:
Two Ta shunters at Zurich locomotive works - are they 974 and 975?
Where exactly did you see them? Was it aboput here?
<https://map.geo.admin.ch/?lang=en&topic=ech&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.pixelkarte-farbe&E=2680231&N=1249190&zoom=10&crosshair=marker>

Only thing I could see there were two Tm III

Markus, Gürbetal

Alan Kent <alankent46@...>

Hello
The locos were located roughly where you show them on your map. They were identical and could have been Tm 111s. Do you have the numbers of the 2 locos that you saw, please?
Thanks
Alan

Guerbetaler

Am 15.06.2019 um 00:43 schrieb Alan Kent via Groups.Io:
The locos were located roughly where you show them on your map. They
were identical and could have been Tm 111s. Do you have the numbers
of the 2 locos that you saw, please?
Sorry, numbers are too small to read. Would have to try to take a photo from the train but not sure if this works. The following Tm III are still in the NVR for SBB:

98 85 5231 004-3 ex 904
98 85 5231 006-8 ex 906
98 85 5231 008-4 ex 908
98 85 5231 009-2 ex 909
98 85 5231 010-0 ex 910
98 85 5231 019-1 ex 919
98 85 5231 020-9 ex 920
98 85 5231 021-7 ex 921
98 85 5231 023-3 ex 923
98 85 5231 024-1 ex 924

Markus, Gürbetal

Alan Kent <alankent46@...>

HelloThank you for the infoAlan Kent

On Saturday, June 15, 2019, 8:11:27 AM GMT+1, Guerbetaler <guerbetaler@...> wrote:

Am 15.06.2019 um 00:43 schrieb Alan Kent via Groups.Io:
The locos were located roughly where you show them on your map. They
were identical and could have been Tm 111s. Do you have the numbers
of the 2 locos that you saw, please?
Sorry, numbers are too small to read. Would have to try to take a photo
from the train but not sure if this works. The following Tm III are
still in the NVR for SBB:

98 85 5231 004-3 ex 904
98 85 5231 006-8 ex 906
98 85 5231 008-4 ex 908
98 85 5231 009-2 ex 909
98 85 5231 010-0 ex 910
98 85 5231 019-1 ex 919
98 85 5231 020-9 ex 920
98 85 5231 021-7 ex 921
98 85 5231 023-3 ex 923
98 85 5231 024-1 ex 924

From the bridge on which IC to Bern leave Zürich HB, I could see a third
Tm III. But this one was (today) in a position impossible to take a
photo of.

Sorry, numbers are too small to read. Would have to try to take a
photo from the train but not sure if this works.
It worked for the other two, being further West, plus Ta 974, which is still yellow. The two Tm III seen are:

98 85 5231 009-2 ex 909
98 85 5231 010-0 ex 910

HTH
Markus