Topics

short trip to see CEVA opening plus looking for freight (Re6 mainly)

gordonwis

early am taxi ride on Friday 13th …

Arrived Zurich Friday am, snowing on arrival and forecast poor (not ideal as I’m more of a photographer than a loco basher per se.)

Immediate leap to Flughafen for train to Zurich HB. Weather looked as though it might not turn out as bad a predicted

I’m afraid I still take minimum note of 460 numbers as they are still (happily) too ubiquitous and my Swiss trips tend to be a few hours and a couple of days grabbed where I can, whereby photting and ‘taking breather’ (and taking in the scenery) between trains takes precedence. It was also chilly so 90 mins was about the limit of standing outside before needing to warm up

Steinen 11.30 - 12.30

420 245 red + 620 010 cargo Re10/10 Steel flat empty southbound
620 061 cargo 11240 red Re10/10 Holcim hoppers southbound
420 298 620 017 all red Re10/10 northbound mixed
193 258 black (bad livery for the prevailing weather) containers southbound

Decided the weather would stay too cloudy near the mountains so moved north via Rotkreuz to Oberrüti (AG)

Oberrüti 12.59 - 13.59

420 298 620 017 all red Re10/10 northbound mixed another chance to phot - I had overhauled it whilst it was looped at Rotkreuz
185 124 southbound loaded steel flats
620 067 red northbound mixed
620 008 cargo southbound mixed including 9 ex works VTG tankers (mid grey with orange strip)
185 134 southbound mixed

Lenzburg
11149 Zurich - Basel IC 15.15
460 116 westbound IC/IR 15.26

Olten 15.50 - 17.10
460 031 eastbound IR 15.59
420 278 westbound 5 x Jura Cement
484 017 + 484 015 east/northbound containers
420 169 Migros containers westbound
10016 (Re4/4I) light loco eastbound
186 105 + 493 405 southbound containers
465 017 + 465 002 east/northbound containers
430 350 eastbound tankers
420 306 westbound vans

Pratteln 18.05 - 18.50
185 141 + 185 120 towards Frick
11129 Stein - Säckingen - Basel yard ECS from peak hour banger extra (18.17)
111xx 18.13 Basel - Frick - Zurich (18.20)
420 242 northbound mixed
620 085 tankers towards Frick
2 x Re4/4II Zurich - Basel (18.40)
620 068 + 420 xxx northbound mixed
193 497 + 485 xxx southbound containers towards Olten

Rheinfelden
620 036 departed eastbound from Feldschlössen beer sidings
11140 19.13 Basel - Zürich - Chur

Zurich HB

11125 onto 19.13 Basel - Chur
in adjacent platforms to the above:
11155 NJ Graz/Zagreb

After a look round the Christmas Market (Z HB’s huge ticket hall is the perfect covered venue) I had an excellen mela in the Brasserie Federal, then out to Killwangen -Spreitenbach (couple of freights arriving) for connecting bus to Neuenhof. I stayed once again at Ibis Baden Neuenhof. I think this is the best Ibis in Europe

Saturday 14 Dec
brisk walk past the brewery and Cloister to Wettingen staiton

620067 northbound freight (09.58)
11149 Basel - Zurich IR (10.12)

unit to Schlieren to go and view the re-extended tram route 2. My dad took some photos in the area in 1948 but matching the ‘now’ (wide boulevard wide industrial units, car showrooms etc) to the ‘then’ (2 axle tram in rural setting on a ‘minor’ road) is almost impossible

Zurich HB
11154 IR to Basel

IC2000 set to Bern

Quick hop out to Worblaufen to phot the last day of the 1980s stock

Sunday 15 Dec

sampled first day of public servics on CEVA (report already posted)

Monday 16 Dec

11192 IR set spare
11199 + 11167 top tail dispozug EW stock spare

Renens
420 332 infra train

Chavornay 10.55 - (decent weather) - 13.45

sugar beet loading still ongoing

476 455 Railcare - with containers (assumed Nestle products from Orbe) dpert northbound
18816 + 18820 Travys (ex SBB) Em3/3 pilots
421 364 (short hoppers ) nrthbound
420 178 + 420 253 arrive from north with another beet train
420 240 postal southbound
420 246 vans northbound
420 319 northbound postal
420 296 southbound short containers
421 390 + 420 297 southbound tankers
187 005 (parked since 10.50) depart northbound vans

Bavois 13.50 - 15.10

189 101 northbound mixed
620 034 southbound tankers
420 273 (red) + 11330 (green!) northbound sugar beet
420 249 southbound mixed
620 048 southbound mixed
420 262 nortbound vans

Chavornay 15.20 - 15.40

420 243 arrive with 2 cement hops trip

Geneve
11181 17.05 IR to St Maurice

Guerbetaler

Am 27.12.2019 um 02:24 schrieb gordonwis via Groups.Io:
186 105 + 493 405 southbound containers
I suppose this was a BLSC train and the second locomotive a Vectron. Then it might have been 475 405 as there is no 193 405.

Markus, Gürbetal

Thomas

Hello Gordon,

Did you happen to notice any Am 863 (Am 6/6) at RB Limmattal? I went there a week earlier, but it appeared as if they had all been replaced by Aem 940 already.

Rgds, Thomas.

Guerbetaler

Am 28.12.2019 um 09:18 schrieb Thomas:
Did you happen to notice any Am 863 (Am 6/6) at RB Limmattal? I went
there a week earlier, but it appeared as if they had all been
replaced by Aem 940 already.
Aem 940 001-005 of the pre-series are based in RBL and have taken over all tasks but Am 861 521-23 and 26 are kept as a fall-back (there is no such thing as an Am 863). In December 940 006 and 007 arrived. All new locmotives will be tested in RBL for about 2 weeks before they go to serve construction work sites.

(info from EA 1/2020)

Markus, Gürbetal