Topics

SBB Cargo locos

csipromo

I have to stop using SBBCI for SBB Cargo International. I keep forgetting that SBBCI stands for SBB Cargo Italia

Where do SBBIN, SBBCI, SBB Cargo Deutschland begin and end?
A train from Holland to Italy which passes through Germany, Switzerland and Italy would be run by which entity?

Heléna Moretti

Am 23.07.2019 um 17:40 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
SBB Cargo has something like 80 Re 620 and probably around 150-200 Re 420/430.
Markus replied: SBB cargo and SBB Cargo International are two companies who don't have
the same needs. SBBC is working within Switzerland and can make very
good use of locomotives without ability for Germany and Italy.
SBB Cargo International has 27 x Re6/6 and 42 x Re4/4”, Re421 and Re4/4”’, if each Vectron replaces an Re10/10 combination you can see how twenty of them will have a substantial effect on the International fleet of the older classes. SBB Cargo Domestic may take some of the ETCS-fitted Re6/6 as they become spare, this will save them having to use 3 x Re4/4” combinations. But with SBB-Passenger also set to shed many of its non ETCS-fitted Re4/4” with the introduction of new units, the 420 fleet could take a lot of tap over the next year.

Auguri
Helena

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Guerbetaler

Am 23.07.2019 um 17:40 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
SBB Cargo has something like 80 Re 620 and probably around 150-200 Re 420/430.
SBB cargo and SBB Cargo International are two companies who don't have the same needs. SBBC is working within Switzerland and can make very good use of locomotives without ability for Germany and Italy.

If SBBCI eventually
SBB Cargo Italia doesn't need any ac locomotive.

SBBIN uses a certain number of SBBC locomotives and it seems that they will stop to use Re 420/430/620

Martin (Baumann),

SBB Cargo has something like 80 Re 620 and probably around 150-200 Re 420/430.
I know that the Re 420/430 are the oldest running in the fleet, with the Re 620 a few years younger than the oldest, but it does not seem to me that 20 additional loks, even with the option for an additional 20, will replace 230-280 loks, especially when you consider that SBBCI wants this new equipment to increase it's capacity in NL and perhaps BE as well as on the north-south axis.
If SBBCI eventually got hold of the Re 460 fleet, that would go a long way towards filling the numbers of the older fleet as they are retired.
What the Vectron allows SBBCI to do is to operate a train along the entire route from the Channel or North Sea port to destination in Italy, eliminating the need for locomotive change along the way.

The other things that I am wondering about is when do the leases for the ES64F4 (MRCE) and Vectron (ELL) terminate?
I have also noted that the last three or four deals have all been with Siemens. Has the SBB decided that Bombardier products no longer meet their criteria?
There was a period after the RABe514 where it seemed that the SBB was sour on Siemens, but the experience with the EuroSprinter seems to have repaired that.
Has the SBB evaluated the 187/188 and was there a determination that Bombardier was not competitive for their needs?

The CEO of Cargo International says the new Vectrons "are almost completely replacing our old Re 620 and Re 420 fleet".

In addition to the 20 announced yesterday there is an option for 20 more

csipromo

Hopefully one of the new Vectrons will mean the return of the Nightpiercer, as that was a striking livery.
I guess that these will replace a number of older loks. Will it be the Re 4/4II/III (420/421/430)and Re 6/6 (620) or will it be that the comparatively slower (although newer) Re 482 will be sold off? I could see the 482 being sold to German or Austrian operators who are looking for machines for Austria, Germany and Switzerland only.

SBB Cargo International will be acquiring another 20 Vectron that will be leased from SüdLeasing. They are expected from the end of this year to mid 2020. They will be passed for Holland Germany Austria and Italy in addition to Switzerland.

(railcolor.net)

Martin Baumann

railcolor.net reports that SBB have sold 482 048 and 482 049 to Hamburger Rail Service

gordonwis

The 474 pairs I mentioned in my previous post in Oct 2017 were well north of Arth Goldau/Rotkreuz. Clearly destination or origin Basel

Ewan Tait

On 14 Apr 2018, at 17:05, csipromo@... [SwissRail] <SwissRail@...> wrote:

I had heard that 484 and 474 were being used as far north as Arth-Goldau or Rotkreuz. I had also heard reports that 474 were being used on occasion as far north as Basel Bad Bf in double traction with leased ES64F4.

All last summer (as I’ve not been out to CH for railway purposes this year):

Saw solo Re 474s working as far as Basel SBB RB on trains via the GBT (seen at Mohlin, Immensee and south of Arth-Goldau). Also saw a couple of Re 474s paired with an MRCE ES64F4, one on a train and one pair light engine. I assumed balancing moves.

Saw three trains with Re 474s all as pairs north of Thun. I don’t know if they went over the mountain or through the LBT.

Ewan

http://ewan.me.uk

csipromo

I had heard that 484 and 474 were being used as far north as Arth-Goldau or Rotkreuz. I had also heard reports that 474 were being used on occasion as far north as Basel Bad Bf in double traction with leased ES64F4.

The introduction of the ES64F4 (MRCE) and Vectron (ELL/LokRoll) might have changed the operation zones of the 484 and perhaps also the 474. That was what interested me.

Likewise. Not frequenting Ticino very often I had seldom seen any Re474, so it felt 'unusual', when Last October I saw several pairs of Re474 on the northern section of the Gotthard corridor (ie Wohlen - Brugg VL - Basel)

Ewan Tait

Based on observations last summer:

On 11 Apr 2018, at 00:04, csipromo@... [SwissRail] <SwissRail@...> wrote:

I presume that the 2 Panto ELL Vectrons are used in DE/AT only.
Are the 4 Panto ELL Vectrons coming into CH regularly?
I saw plenty of Vectron MSs in CH.

Are the Crossrail 186 all D/A/CH/I
I think so, but RailColor is worth checking.

https://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1405127&lang=1

A number of 482 were leased to other operators in a deal with RailPool. At the time of the deal, SBBC in exchange leased at least one BR 186. What is the current status of those 482 subleases?
Summer 2016 there were still Re 482s leased to other operators in Germany, but RailColor suggests that they are now generally leased directly rather than via Railpool.

Are the 484 and 474 still coming north of Bellinzona or is their primary area of operation still in Ticino and Italy?
I haven’t seen any Re 484s north of Bellinzona recently, but Re 474s were quite frequent last summer. Since the GBT opened, they can now work solo from Basel SBB RB to Italy.

Regards,
Ewan

http://ewan.me.uk

csipromo

What are the current areas of operation of the following lok classes?

Re 421
Re 482
Re 484
Re 474
ES64F4 (MRCE)
193 Vectron ELL (2 Pantos)
193 Vectron ELL (4 Pantos)
193 Vectron LokRoll SBBCI

I understand that SBB is also operating a number of BR 186 that it took over from Crossrail.
What are they used for?

I presume that the 2 Panto ELL Vectrons are used in DE/AT only.
Are the 4 Panto ELL Vectrons coming into CH regularly?
Are the Crossrail 186 all D/A/CH/I

A number of 482 were leased to other operators in a deal with RailPool. At the time of the deal, SBBC in exchange leased at least one BR 186. What is the current status of those 482 subleases?

I had heard reports that many of the Re 421 were being used domestically and not as frequently in Germany as other tractive stock was available (and preferred).

It seems to me that SBBC appears to have limited potential to serve Antwerp and other points in Belgium and France.

Are the 484 and 474 still coming north of Bellinzona or is their primary area of operation still in Ticino and Italy?

More positive news is two locos being overhauled at Bellinzona:

11235 R2 30.03.2018

11260 R2 09.03.2018

11185 and 11190, both partially canabalised, have been moved to Bellinzona. It is so far unknown if this is for withdrawal or return to service

All 18 193 have now been delivered:

193 461 22281 2017
193 462 22282 2017
193 463 22289 2017
193 464 22290 2017
193 465 22303 2017
193 466 22304 2017
193 467 22305 2017
193 468 22306 2017
193 469 22310 2018
193 470 22311 2018
193 471 22313 2018
193 472 22315 2018
193 473 22318 2018
193 474 22319 2018
193 475 22320 2018
193 476 22321 2018
193 477 22322 2018
193 478 22323 2018

[Apologies if this and/or the 2894 message eventually appear twice. First posted 24 hours ago and thanks to yahoo never appeared]

Martin Baumann

11182 went for scrap (in Lugano) on 30.03.2018

csipromo

How long before the storage area is Full?

;)

11173 has been taken out of service again and along with 11178 and withdrawn Re 6/6 11603 moved to Full for storage