Topics

RhB engineering work

Clive Barlow

Even though the published timetables on fahrplanfelder show trains running to Scuol-Tarasp again from 8th Sept, it appears that the engineering work is actually on until 5th Oct.

Cheers

Clive

Guerbetaler

Am 21.08.2019 um 08:30 schrieb Clive Barlow:
Even though the published timetables on fahrplanfelder show trains
running to Scuol-Tarasp again from 8th Sept, it appears that the
engineering work is actually on until 5th Oct.
Already in June RhB informed that the closure of the Unterengadin will last longer than planned. During the works in Magnacun tunnel the constructing firms encountered important problems which made a reopening in Septmeber impossible. RhB told me that it wasn't easy to find buses AND drivers for the additional month. Online timetables and homepages have been updated.

For those who can read German:
<https://www.engadinerpost.ch/2019/6/19/Die-Totalsperre-der-RhB-im-Unterengadin-dauert-laenger>
<https://www.rhb.ch/de/unternehmen/projekte-dossiers/totalsperrung-unterengadin>

Markus, Gürbetal

glenn allen

Even though the published timetables on fahrplanfelder show trains running to Scuol-Tarasp again from 8th Sept, it appears that the engineering work is actually on until 5th Oct.
Clive

➢ SBB timetable pages show a bus service from Susch as it is as present.
Mucks up my planned trip to Austria in 3 weeks time.

Clive Barlow

I see now that it the decision was taken some months ago, I just anticipated that the official pdf timetables might be updated. Is it that the timetable from 8th Sept will be exactly the same as that until 7th Sept? Are there any updated pdfs to be found? I deliberately planned to go in in the second half of September so as to avoid the works too.....

gordonwis

On Thursday, 22 August 2019, 22:37:52 BST, Clive Barlow <b25ss@...> wrote:
I see now that it the decision was taken some months ago, I just anticipated that the official pdf timetables might be updated. Is it that the timetable from 8th Sept will be exactly the same as that until 7th Sept? Are there any updated pdfs to be found? I deliberately planned to go in in the second half of September so as to avoid the works too.....
Fahrplanfelder PDFs aren't updated as a matter of course, so I'm not surprised they haven't been. The fallback is for the authorities to sate "consult on line timetables"