Topics

Re 4/4 II 2020

Martin Baumann

Edited

I am about to add a text document in the files section, mainly based on reisezüge.ch , listing all day trains booked for Re 4/4 II except the majority of 420 LION for which confirmed workings are unavailable. The following rules apply:

If a train is booked 421 this is noted after the arrival time.

If there is no number after the arrival time, except 421 if required, then the train is Re 4/4 II 7 days per week.

If a train is only Re 4/4 II on certain days this is indicated by 1 to 7 1 = Monday 7 = Sunday

If a train is booked a pair it is indicated by repeating the train number as in this example

IR 2276 Zürich HB 17:08 Basel SBB 18:13 1 to 5
IR 2276 Zürich HB 17:08 Basel SBB 18:13 1 to 5

The latest Eisenbahn Amateur reports the maximum requirement is 38 single locos and 9 LION pairs. The latter seems wrong, I think it should be 12

David Prior

Hi Martin

A big „thank you“ for working this out and posting. It’s a great and very helpful file.

I noticed that 1839 21:57 Lausanne-Brig is listed, which Reisezüge has listed as a 460 turn.

On looking into the Lake Geneva commuters a bit deeper, at Lausanne we have three trains terminating in a morning (1554, 6056, 6058) and three trains starting in an evening (1571, 6069, 6071). All checks out.

At Geneva though, there are three morning arrivals (1904, 1906, 1908), but only two evening departures (1927, 1929). In the previous TT, the missing evening eastbound Service would have been 1931, but this doesn’t appear to be a valid code any more. I can’t see running an ECS on such a heavily-used route.

Any ideas what us the missing hauled balancing working is ? I haven’t solved it yet ..,

Cheers
David

reissr@...

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 01:34 AM, David Prior wrote:

At Geneva though, there are three morning arrivals (1904, 1906, 1908), but
only two evening departures (1927, 1929).
Hello,

from Monday to Thursday train 1839 with target Brig leaves Geneva Airport at 21.57 with Re 420 ETCS from 1904
This is the third departure you are looking for.

Regards
Reinhard

Martin Baumann

Edited

1839 was in my list though incorrectly down as starting at Lausanne, now corrected.