Topics

New RhB EMU sets

Martin Baumann

RhB have requested tenders for 27 EMU sets with options for further 19. These are intended to replace loco-hauled trains. They have already been allocated numbers (!) 3111 to 3137. Tenders must be received by 28.08.2015. Each unit must have a minimum of 32 first class and 128 standard seats (not including tip-up seats). Maximum length will be 76.5m

It is intended to introduce services which will split on route with these units.

The full text of the tender can be found at

https://www.simap.ch/shabforms/COMMON/search/searchresultDetail.jsf

If that link does not work put "RhB" in the search box

gordonwis

--adding RhB didn't work. Many boxes appear - which one is the one to put RhB into?

In the meantime, Am I correct in thinking this would be enough plastic to remove all loco hauled passenger except Chur - St Moritz, which may or may not remain Ge4/4III hauled even though they would be hauling fixed rakes?

OL.Guerbetal

Am 06.04.2015 um 20:06 schrieb Gordon Wiseman gordonwis@...
[SwissRail]:
--adding RhB didn't work. Many boxes appear - which one is the one to
put RhB into?
where? what? sorry, I don't understand what you are speaking about.

In the meantime, Am I correct in thinking this would be enough
plastic to remove all loco hauled passenger except Chur - St Moritz,
which may or may not remain Ge4/4III hauled even though they would be
hauling fixed rakes?
No, you aren't (correct). Plans are to introduce half-hourly services and this needs the Ge 4/4 II with the additional driving trailers as well.

It was announced today that Stadler was the only bidder for the contract which has now been awarded:

(Firm order for 27 units 3111-3137 with options for up to 19 more)

Mark Ellis

Does any body know when the first of these units will enter service, also, when will we see complete elimination of loco hauled passenger services other than Chur-St Moritz ? Presumably the Vereina car shuttles will still require loco haulage and there will still be some freight workings.
How many Loco's will be retained in total?

OL.Guerbetal

Am 18.06.2016 um 22:19 schrieb mark31ellis@... [SwissRail]:
when will we see complete elimination of loco hauled passenger
services other than Chur-St Moritz ?
I think RhB will put headboards on the Ge 4/4 II indicating "I'm a motor coach" in order to reduce the number of loco hauled trains.

Markus, G�rbetal

tudor erich

Will these headboards be in use by next April please?
Bernard

Toma Bacic

Are there any link to the official info / press release?
thnx & regards toma

OL.Guerbetal

Am 19.06.2016 um 07:37 schrieb tudoryork:
Will these headboards be in use by next April please?
Of course. No other date is possible, as you correctly assume!

Markus, Gürbetal

Max Wyss

On the same day, they will add a headboard to all Allegras: "I am also a
locomotive"

Martin Baumann

RhB have exercised 9 options so there are currently 36 units on firm order

OL.Guerbetal

Am 05.08.2017 um 16:45 schrieb martin98baumann@... [SwissRail]:
RhB have exercised 9 options so there are currently 36 units on firm order
At the same time the number of driving trailers Bit 528 has been reduced from 13 to 8, which means fewer passenger trains with Ge 4/4 II.

3111 entered passenger service on Thursday last week (10.10)

Clive Barlow

Any idea what services it was used on?

Thanks

Clive

Martin Baumann

It was between Chur and Arosa. An Austrian forum said it was in passenger service, this has been disputed on Bahnforum Schweiz

Robin Jorimann

3111 entered passenger service on Thursday last week (10.10)
Does anybody know what service it operated? Thank you

Guerbetaler

Am 16.10.2019 um 08:34 schrieb Robin Jorimann:
3111 entered passenger service on Thursday last week (10.10)
Does anybody know what service it operated? Thank you
It was a test train. Tibert Keller got a spectacular photo of the train.

<https://www.instagram.com/p/B3hNQngAjOK/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet>

Markus, Gürbetal

tudor erich

It was a test train. Tibert Keller got a spectacular photo of the train.
<https://www.instagram.com/p/B3hNQngAjOK/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet>
That is a very special picture. Hope I get one like that sometime.
Bernard

Guerbetaler

Am 16.10.2019 um 23:29 schrieb tudor erich via Groups.Io:
That is a very special picture. Hope I get one like that sometime.
40 min walk at high pace or one hour for normal pedestrians. One way.

I agree, an excellent photo!