Topics

Mystery green power car at Genève Aéroport

gordonwis

My brother landed at Geneva this afternoon and there is a green power car parked in the tunnel at GVA Aeroport station. I thought I'd be able to identify it immediately (looks like an old GFM car or some such) but it's end cab windows don't match anything I can recall)

Any ideas?

Martin Baumann

BDe 2/4 SWS-SAAS 1938 Originally Sensetalbahn 101 then WM 3 and then Zurcher Museumsbahnen. It has been there for several years. I believe it was for a dinner train operation that never came about

Martin Baumann

Edited

I was wrong to say that the dinner train operation never started. The operator is/was Compagnie ferroviaire du Léman and some information in French can be read at

https://www.rts.ch/info/regions/vaud/4327729-le-train-gastronomique-d-epoque-la-dame-du-leman-a-ete-inaugure.html

I don't know when they last operated (*), there is no recent online mention of the company I can find and they do not appear to have their own website. They are still listed in the HANDELSREGISTER (the UK equivalent would be registration at Companies' House) https://www.easymonitoring.ch/fr/registre-du-commerce/association-de-la-compagnie-ferroviaire-du-leman-cfdl-1022105

*: 3 was photographed working at Aigle on an unknown date in 2014 http://www.eingestellte-bahnen.ch/23011/23032.html

Guerbetaler

Am 26.09.2019 um 18:58 schrieb Martin Baumann:
They are still listed in the HANDELSREGISTER
You better take the direct link to the official entry:
<https://ge.ch/hrcintapp/externalCompanyReport.action?companyOfrcId13=CH-660-1416011-0&ofrcLanguage=1>

However the company is officially registered at the Federal Office of Transport as
CFDL Compagnie du Chemin de fer du Léman
but its VKM is
DDL Dame du Léman

<https://www.bav.admin.ch/bav/de/home/themen-a-z/verzeichnisse/tu-verzeichnis.html>

And then, their licence as Railway Undertaking ended in 2015 so they can't run trains in their own responsibility any more.

The motor coach is registered as
BDe 2/4 94 85 4578 003-3 CH-DDL

Not being fitted with ETCS Level 2, it can no longer be used for extra trains in Lavaux, Lausanne - Villeneuve.

Thanks for the clarification. Is it known why it is stored at Geneva Airport? SBB presumably charge a lot for storage.

Martin Baumann

This railcar has now been sold to VHMthB in Romanshorn.

It was moved to Bönigen (BLS) works for TK and repaint on 20.06.2020