Topics

More Stadler units for Zentralbahn

Martin Baumann

Edited

Stadler have received an order for 2 additional ABeh 150 (Adler) and 7 additional ABeh 160 (Fink)

https://tinyurl.com/sqws93o (German press release)

Martin Baumann

The Adler units will be 151 011 and 151 012 and will not have a Bistro car, they are intended to work the majority of trains to Engelberg. The Fink units will be 161 021 to 161 027.

Krist van Besien

On Feb 18, 2020, 13:16 +0100, Martin Baumann <martin98baumann@...>, wrote:
The Adler units will be 151 011 and 151 012 and will not have a Bistro car, they are intended to work the majority of trains to Engelberg. The Fink units will be 161 021 to 161 027.
I assume they could also be used to replace a half set from a Luzer - Interlaken express Adler. Currently I often see them replace one half of an Adler with a Fink…

Krist

Thomas

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 11:49 AM, Krist van Besien wrote:
I assume they could also be used to replace a half set from a Luzer -
Interlaken express Adler. Currently I often see them replace one half of an
Adler with a Fink…
An Adler has 7 units, what is half an Adler, 3 or 4 coaches?

Rgds, Thomas.

Martin Baumann

Edited

The Bistro Car is a separate coach and there have been occasional instances of 6 car units running as the Bistro was being serviced or repaired.

The Adler Sections are numbered 150 10x (3 units) 150 30x (Bistro) 150 20x (3 units)

(150 00x would refer to the whole 7 section unit)

As an example of part of an Adler working:

06.01.2016 2922 Luzern-Interlaken 150 103+150 303+160 004

Guerbetaler

Am 19.02.2020 um 18:54 schrieb Martin Baumann:
(150 001 would refer to the whole 7 section unit)
(but this number isn't written on the units)

As an example of part of an Adler working:
06.01.2016 2922 Luzern-Interlaken 150 103+150 303+160 004
The disadvantage of this configuration is the cab of 160 004
facing 150 303. This prevents passengers of the FINK to visit the Bistro or to be served by the Bistro waiter.

In a future Engelberg train without Bistro this disdavantage wouldn't be important.

Markus

Krist van Besien

On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 at 19:13, Guerbetaler <guerbetaler@...> wrote:

Am 19.02.2020 um 18:54 schrieb Martin Baumann:
(150 001 would refer to the whole 7 section unit)
(but this number isn't written on the units)

As an example of part of an Adler working:
06.01.2016 2922 Luzern-Interlaken 150 103+150 303+160 004
The disadvantage of this configuration is the cab of 160 004
facing 150 303. This prevents passengers of the FINK to visit the Bistro
or to be served by the Bistro waiter.
Which is why one can hope that if one of the 150 units needs to go to
the workshop they in the future replace it with a 151, and not a
160...

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@...
krist@...

Chris Wood

The more I read this thread, the more I don't understand it. The link in the original post talks about two new seven car ADLERs. So I assumed that meant four three-car power units, and two separate intermediate trailer cars, as with the current ADLERs.

Martin Baumann then writes:

The Adler units will be 151 011 and 151 012 and will not have a Bistro car
So does that mean that the new Adlers will only be six cars long. Or will they still have an intermediate trailer car, but it just won't contain a bistro.

Krist then writes:

I assume they could also be used to replace a half set from a Luzern - Interlaken express Adler.
Which could be read as suggesting that what is on order ('they') are just two three-car power units (obviously you couldn't replace half a Luzern - Interlaken express set with a whole seven car 151).

Can anybody clarify?.

Martin Baumann

"I assumed that meant four three-car power units, and two separate intermediate trailer cars, as with the current "

That is correct, the two new units will be 7 cars with the middle car being a potentially separate vehicle but not a Bistro.

The half replacement suggested by Krist would be something like 150 101+150 301 then 151 211 replacing 150 201