Topics

Lötschberg base tunnel reopened

Bill Bolton

"SWITZERLAND: The Lötschberg base tunnel was fully reopened at 17.00
on April 24, after being closed for almost six weeks because of
significant water ingress in the eastern bore."

See...
<https://www.railwaygazette.com/news/l%C3%B6tschberg-base-tunnel-reopened-after-water-ingress-mitigated/56360.article>

Guerbetaler

Am 28.04.2020 um 04:10 schrieb Bill Bolton:
The Lötschberg base tunnel was fully reopened at 17.00
on April 24, after being closed for almost six weeks
Even if it's railway gazette, it's wrong.

LBT wasn't closed for six weeks, only one spur of the double track section. They lost the word "partly" between being and closed.

Markus, Gürbetal

Mick Sasse

... And surely it had been partially closed for longer than six weeks, too? I was in the vicinity in mid-February and the disruption had certainly already begun then!

But I'm sure the article is fine apart from that.......!

Mick

Guerbetaler

Am 28.04.2020 um 21:46 schrieb Mick Sasse:
... And surely it had been partially closed for longer than six
weeks, too? I was in the vicinity in mid-February and the disruption
had certainly already begun then!
No it wasn't longer than six weeks, because the tunnel had been reopened after the first closure. But then they had to close it again.

I read this morning that it had been closed yet again due to further leaks in the tunnel
https://www.20min.ch/story/schon-wieder-schlamm-und-wassereinbruch-im-loetschberg-tunnel-741213088966

Mick Sasse

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Mick