Topics

Construction between Aarau and Schönenwerd

Andrew Moglestue

I have noticed that there is some digging going on parallel to the railway line between Aarau and Schönenwerd. If I remember correctly, when Rupperswil to Aarau was quadrupled back in the early 1990s, it was said that Aarau was just a temporary end point for the quadrupling. Does this work have anything to do with that? Or is it not related to the railway? I thought (but may have misunderstood) that SBB's present plans for future additional capacity between Zürich and Bern is not by adding tracks to existing lines but by seeking to build an altogether new line. Andrew

OL.Guerbetal

Am 03.02.2015 17:51, schrieb Andrew Moglestue:
I have noticed that there is some digging going on parallel to the
railway line between Aarau and Schönenwerd. ... but by
seeking to build an altogether new line. Andrew
The new line is called the Eppenberg Tunnel. Construction should begin in Spring 2015. So what you saw was probably preparatory work.

<http://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/aargau/eppenbergtunnel-baustelle-wird-vorbereitet-128317230>

Markus, Gürbetal
[This is a text-only message :-) ]

Hayward Godwin

Here’s a link to a video explaining how the tunnel was constructed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRE-F1fSZ4Y

Bill Bolton

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 13:29:39 -0800, Hayward wrote:

Here’s a link to a video explaining how the tunnel was constructed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRE-F1fSZ4Y
That is a great explanation of what the project is about!

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton billbolton@...
Sydney, Australia