Topics

Cargo trains question

co90221

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone knew the current cargo train situation? I saw a lot of pictures posted from the weekend of cargo trains on the old BLS with the basis tunnel being closed. Is it still closed today?

Will cargo trains continue to operate with the recent border closures?

Thank you,

Adam

Guerbetaler

Am 16.03.2020 um 11:56 schrieb co90221 via Groups.Io:
Will cargo trains continue to operate with the recent border closures?
Freight is not affected from border closures but it is affected from parts of civil life standing still.

LBT has reopened with one track, not sure what it means for freight.

Today more restrictions will be announced and it seems that this will also reduce rail traffic.

Markus

csipromo

From what I have read, none of the border crackdowns have included cargo. I presume that added inspection of some loads may occur as authorities wish to limit the potential of any people entering their territory concealed in cargo shipments.