Topics

North-south coridor after Ceneri opening

Toma Bacic

Hello all!
As the opening of the Ceneri base tunnel is scheduled for September 4, I am interested what infrastructure projects will follow on the north-south corridor.
According to what I learned, the southern extension of Ceneri is planned, but what is the status of that project now? Also, when the opening of the new Bözbergtunnel is planned? Also, what is the status of the southern extension of the Zimmerberg Base Tunnel?
Finally, when the second track between the Zug and Arth-Goldau (the complete section will be doubled or just some parts) will be opened?

Thank you very much and regards
toma

--
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+385 (0) 98 81 55 61
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Zagreb

Martin Baumann

September 4th is the official Ceneri opening, timetable traffic is due to start December 13th

Zug to Arth Goldau is due to re-open on the same date. The new double track section starts at Walchwill station 9+452 and goes to about 11+150 (Zero is Zug station and Arth Goldau is 15+758)

The new Bözberg tunnel is also expected to open 13.12

Also due to open in the next few months:

26.09.2020 deviation through new Boll station on Bern-Worb line (RBS)

October ? LEB new tunnel section at Chauderon in Lausanne

13.12.2020 TPG Geneva tram extension Bernex to Vaiily

I don't think the extensions to the Ceneri and Zimmerberg tunnels have got beyond the proposal stage though with Zimmerberg the Junction layout at the Thalwil end was built with the tunnel so that any new construction can easily be joined to it.

Martin Baumann

Sorry that should be Walchwil (one L) I also forgot the Eppenberg tunnel between Aarau and Olten which will open 13.12 and mean there will be four tracks all the way from Rupperswil to Olten.

https://company.sbb.ch/de/ueber-die-sbb/projekte/projekte-mittelland-tessin/eppenberg.html

gordonwis

On Wednesday, 29 July 2020, 11:20:09 BST, Martin Baumann <martin98baumann@...> wrote:
13.12.2020 TPG Geneva tram extension Bernex to Vaiily
It would be more correct to say 'to Bernex Vailly'. The original CGTE tram route - an interurban in those days because Bernex was 'out in the country' ran as far as Bernex village. The re-born Bernex route (for simplicity and cheapness) opened as far as a park and ride on the immediate Geneva (East) edge of Bernex village. The new extension takes the re-born route through Bernex past the original terminus to Vailly which is at the extreme West end of modern Bernex.

gordonwis

On Wednesday, 29 July 2020, 23:23:43 BST, gordonwis via groups.io <gordonwis=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

It would be more correct to say 'to Bernex Vailly'. The original CGTE tram route - an interurban in those days because Bernex was 'out in the country' ran as far as Bernex village. The re-born Bernex route (for simplicity and cheapness) opened as far as a park and ride on the immediate Geneva (East) edge of Bernex village. The new extension takes the re-born route through Bernex past the original terminus to Vailly which is at the extreme West end of modern Bernex.

I should clarify that 'original' meant the terminus of the Bernex route once it became terminus! This is because the route actually originally ran all the way from Genève Quai de la Poste via Bernex, Vailly (then written as 'Vally'), and Laconnex to Chancy until curtailed to Bernex in 1938. The new extension will however follow the Bernex by pass road and not retrace the original route through the village centre.