Topics

485 004

43096

Just been having a look in the Swiss rolling stock register (https://rollingstockregister.ch/) for something else, and did a quick search for 485 004, the locomotive involved in the accident at Auggen recently. The search returned no result, indicating that the locomotive has, unsurprisingly, been written off.

Guerbetaler

Am 26.04.2020 um 11:43 schrieb 43096:
Just been having a look in the Swiss rolling stock register
(https://rollingstockregister.ch/) for something else, and did a
quick search for 485 004, the locomotive involved in the accident at
Auggen recently. The search returned no result, indicating that the
locomotive has, unsurprisingly, been written off.
That's your interpretation. The status of the locomotive is "out of service, registration suspended". Thus it still could be repaired and returned to service. However, I don't think that this will happen. But BLSC has to wait for decisions of insurances etc. before they can formally write off the locomotive.

Markus, G├╝rbetal

csipromo

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 11:57 AM, 43096 wrote:

https://rollingstockregister.ch/
Just out of curiosity, what search term did you use to look up the information?
485 004, Re 485 004, same without a space, 33549, 485 004-6, and 91 85 4485 004-6 CH-BLSC yielded no results

43096

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 06:10 PM, csipromo wrote:

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 11:57 AM, 43096 wrote:

https://rollingstockregister.ch/
Just out of curiosity, what search term did you use to look up the
information?
485 004, Re 485 004, same without a space, 33549, 485 004-6, and 91 85 4485
004-6 CH-BLSC yielded no results

I used "91 85 4485 004" as the search term, i.e. the EVN but without the check digit. It doesn't give any result (unlike other class members using the same format), hence my assumption that it has been de-registered/written off.

A search for "91 85 4475 416" and "91 85 4475 417" brings up results, indicating that delivery of the first two of the new BLS order for Vectrons is due soon.