Topics

25 more Vectron for BLS

Martin Baumann

BLS are buying 25 more Vectron locos from Siemens to be delivered 2020-2025. They will be passed for Germany, Austria, Italy, Holland and Belgium in addition to Switzerland.

German press release: https://tinyurl.com/y2zt764j

Martin Baumann

These will be 475 416 to 475 440

Martin Baumann

416 and 417 are currently in Regensburg where all new Vectron Locomotives are commissioned

91 85 6 475 416-4 CH-BLSC works number 22751

91 85 6 475 417-2 CH-BLSC works number 22758

csipromo

Same livery as the main batch?

Same basic livery. No mountains etc added yet so that might be different

reissr@...

One difference already known: Now additional approval for Belgium

So you might see it, if you have a closer look at the "UIC-Raster".

csipromo

I was not sure how the acquisition of Crossrail was going to affect these new locomotives. Will Crossrail be subsumed into BLS Cargo or will the Crossrail brand continue to be used in some markets? The leased X4E (193) have both BLSC and Crossrail markings.

Am 16.05.2020 um 19:08 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
Will Crossrail be subsumed into BLS Cargo or will the Crossrail brand
continue to be used in some markets?
I don't know, if the brand will be used in the future. We will see...

But apart from the brand will BLSC keep the RU XRAIL, in order to get access to EU rails.

A third question is, if XRAIL will continue to be a vehicle keeper. An RU doesn't necessarily need own vehicles. The big number of new locomotives registered for BLSC makes me think that they will concentrate vehicle keepership to BLSC.

Markus