Topics

Just back from some travels and have a few questions

csipromo

Around the station in Au, Zurich, there were two small shunters with a few old style coaches, I think one in red/beige, one in blue/beige and one in green.
Does anybody have any information on these?

While travelling from Luzern to Bern via Entlebuch, I spotted a few restored BLS EWI in green, a SBB EWI diner (self service type) as well as at least one former Goldenpass coach.
I don't remember if it was Langnau or Konolfingen. It might have been Extrazug.ch (Langnau).

I did get to ride a lot of trains and take some routes that I had not yet been on.

I did not get to ride on the Giruno, the Twindexx, nor the new SOB Flirts.

Here's the list of the new experiences:
TI ETR 610 (mit UIC 85 Nummer)
SBB RABe 503 (SBB ETR 610)
BLS Mutz
SBB RABe 511 (ZVV und Reseau)
SBB RABe 514
ZB New Bombardier trains

I saw the BLS EWIII (ex-SBB) with new GoldenPass markings.
They seem to have made more modifications to the coaches as well.

I did manage to squeeze in one final run on the Revvivo Voralpen Express between Herisau and Arth-Goldau.

Am 17.07.2019 um 00:40 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
ZB New Bombardier trains
What could that be? Did you mean SBB Bombardier trains?

I guess it was the ZB ABeh 150 (Adler) type trainset. It was an unusual consist. The middle section was labelled Luzern-Interlaken Express and had a Bistro Car.
The consist was made up of two trainsets, possibly with an additional section with one pilot coach.

Am 18.07.2019 um 00:05 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
I guess it was the ZB ABeh 150 (Adler) type trainset.
But that's not Bombardier!

It was an unusual consist. The middle section was labelled
Luzern-Interlaken Express and had a Bistro Car. The consist was made
up of two trainsets, possibly with an additional section with one
pilot coach.
ZB has
4 ABeh 150.1 three-car-EMU with 1 cab Interlaken side
4 ABeh 150.2 three-car-EMU with 1 cab Luzern side
4 WR 150.3 single coach dining car, lettered Luzern-Interlaken Express"
11 ABeh 160/161 three-car-EMU with 2 cabs

The usual consist is 150.1-150.3-150.2
Normal peak consist is 150.1-150.3-150.2-160

In case of a technical problem a 150.1 or 150.2 may be replaced with a 160/161.

All the new trains are Stadler, nothing from Bombardier here.

What you saw wasn't an unusual consist as 10 coach formations are common.

The new ZB EMU fleet has three types, commuter, Interregio and a dual-purpose. The commuter sets (Class 130) are known as 'Spatz'. The IR sets are 'Adler' and dual-purpose sets are 'Fink'. ZB considers the Adler units to be 7 car sets consisting of 150.1 and a 150.2 (3 cars each) and a bistro car (150.3). Fink are 3 car sets (160). They are often coupled together, hence you arrive at a 10 car formation with the Luzern Interlaken Express markings and a bistro.

FINK = flinke, innovative Niederflurkomposition; ADLER = alpiner, dynamischer, leiser, edler Reisezug

On Wednesday, 17 July 2019, 23:09:09 BST, csipromo via Groups.Io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I guess it was the ZB ABeh 150 (Adler). It was an unusual consist.

Martin Baumann

Edited

The equipment at Au:

SBB Te I 955 SLM 3865-MFO 1945 had been used for parts by SOB

SBB Te I 959 SLM 3990-MFO 1949 959 was SOB 52 after SBB

SBB 50 85 39-03 167-6 (AB4Ü 4108)

SBB 50 85 39-03 187-4 (AB4Ü 4128)

BLS 50 63 93-03 008-1 (D2 919)

csipromo

I travelled from Brienz to Interlaken one night around 2230. The train was one of the SPATZ type trainsets
I rode the ZB from Interlaken to Meiringen and back to Brienz. The first train (to Meiringen) was a SPATZ. The train back to Brienz was the Luzern-Interlaken Express. I then took a train back to Interlaken again at night. The train was one of the SPATZ again.
Finally, I took the train from Interlaken Ost to Luzern, once again on the Luzern-Interlaken Express. I spent the final trip in the Bistro coach.

On my trip, there were two times that I saw Bombardier plaques in side coaches. The first was a INOVA coach in a Domino trainset between Olten and Sursee.
The second was one of the ZB trains. It may have been the Bistro coach of the LIE or the coach adjacent to it. The only other time I ran into the Bombardier logo was on the side of the RABe 500.

Am 18.07.2019 um 19:24 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
I travelled from Brienz to Interlaken one night around 2230.
SPATZ trainsets are no longer used on the Interlaken side. Normal assignment is an ABeh 160 or 161 (FINK).
<https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZB_ABeh_160/161>
Replacement consist is a HGe with some B and an ABt

On my trip, there were two times that I saw Bombardier plaques in
side coaches. The first was a INOVA coach in a Domino trainset
between Olten and Sursee. The second was one of the ZB trains. It may
have been the Bistro coach of the LIE or the coach adjacent to it.
There is one combination that doesn't exist and that is Zentralbahn and Bombardier. You can't find the name Bombardier in the zb rolling stock list.

Markus, Gürbetal

Thomas

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 11:18 AM, Guerbetaler wrote:

Am 18.07.2019 um 19:24 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
I travelled from Brienz to Interlaken one night around 2230.
SPATZ trainsets are no longer used on the Interlaken side. Normal
assignment is an ABeh 160 or 161 (FINK).
<https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZB_ABeh_160/161>
Replacement consist is a HGe with some B and an ABt
Normal assignement on the Interlaken side is currently two SPATZ. On 16.07.2019 it was ABe 130 130 003 and 010, with HGe 101 967 as Meiringen replacement consist.

On July 18, 2019, csipromo wrote:
On my trip, there were two times that I saw Bombardier plaques in
side coaches. The first was a INOVA coach in a Domino trainset
between Olten and Sursee. The second was one of the ZB trains. It may
have been the Bistro coach of the LIE or the coach adjacent to it.
I can assure you that the WR 150 Bistro coaches still had Stadler plates three days ago.

Rgds, Thomas.

Guerbetaler

Am 19.07.2019 um 10:33 schrieb Thomas:
Normal assignement on the Interlaken side is currently two SPATZ. On
16.07.2019 it was ABe 130 130 003 and 010, with HGe 101 967 as
Meiringen replacement consist.
Thank you for the update. Do you know for how long SPATZen are back on the Interlaken side?

Markus

Derek Higham

Sorry to correct you Marcus, but this week the Interlaken Meiringen shuttle has been 130 010 until today when 130 003 has replaced it.
On a geographically related subject, BOB 311 has been out 3 days (Tuesday to Thursday) this week on a Lauterbrunnen diagram, although not without incident as the 10:02 Lauterbrunnen departure it should have worked on Wednesday was declared a technical failure and cancelled.
CheersD

Thomas

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 02:45 PM, Guerbetaler wrote:

Thank you for the update. Do you know for how long SPATZen are back on
the Interlaken side?
Sorry, I don't know.

Rgds, Thomas.

csipromo

I went through my notes and I must apologize. The Bombardier units were the Domino NPZ set from Olten to Sursee and the BLS unit from Luzern to Bern. From Bern, I then rode to Interlaken and then on to Meiringen and back to Brienz. The ZB trains (SPATZ and Adler) were both Stadler products. I had not written down on my smartphone the details of the Luzern to Bern section and had only noted that in the messages that I sent myself by email every evening.