Topics

FLIRT for BLS

Martin Baumann

OL.Guerbetal

Am 02.05.2017 um 10:46 schrieb Martin Baumann:
BLS have ordered 58 FLIRT units
30 type RE (with catering)
28 type S-Bahn
all 105 m long with 6 elements and 7 bogies
total price is CHF 650m
to be introduces 2021-26
will replace 9 EW3-consists, 21 RBDe 565 and 13 RBDe 566 (NPZ)

Markus, G�rbetal (S-Bahn)

Martin Baumann

The catering will only be a machine such as is found on the current Voralpen Express (Which I have used and found quite good)

csipromo

Will these trains be similar to the new ones ordered by SOB or will it be a whole new sub production from Stadler (e.g. new cab design, etc)? The images look a little like a Giruno cab mounted on a more traditional Flirt chassis

The new cab design is due to new crashworthiness standards coming in next year but their will be some similarity with the SOB units. BLS/SOB initially planned a joint order but SOB needed their trains sooner than BLS so in the end ordered separately

OL.Guerbetal

Am 03.05.2017 um 11:37 schrieb martin98baumann@... [SwissRail]:
BLS/SOB initially planned a joint order but SOB needed their trains
sooner than BLS so in the end ordered separately
SOB has 2 elements per motorized bogie, BLS has 3.

The catering zone of the VAE FLIRTs and of the BLS RE FLIRTs will be similar.

martin98baumannwrote: such as is found on the current Voralpen Express (Which I have used and found quite good)

funnily enough that's a phrase I use for the current 'hauled' VAE coach consists...

Martin Baumann

30 type RE (with catering) will be RABe 528 101 to 130

28 type S-Bahn will be RABe 528 201 to 228