Topics

Vectrons for SBB International

bs177@...

SBB International seem to have hired two new Siemens Vectron locomotives - 193 209 and 210 now have their logos.
Bruce

csipromo

Here's the first photo of the SBB Vectrons (193 209 and 210)

Trains, Railways and Locomotives: Railcolor.net http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1000006&file=siem_193210_53&action=image

http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1000006&file=siem_193210_53&action=image

Trains, Railways and Locomotives: Railcolor.net http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1000006&file=siem_193210_53&action=image Trains and locomotive database and news portal about modern electric locomotives, made in Europe.

View on www.railcolor.net http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1000006&file=siem_193210_53&action=image
Preview by Yahoo

I am trying to figure out some information...

SBB Cargo International leases 18 Vectrons from LokRoll. Are these loks identical, or are there some with a slightly different package?
SBB IN also leases a number of Vectrons from ELL (Austria). Some of those loks have two pantographs and are homologated for D/AT and others have four pantographs and are homologated for more countries (D/A/CH/I/NL).

SBB IN leased 20 further Vectrons from Suedleasing. Will these loks be identical to the LokRoll machines or will they have slight differences.

The four Vectrons leased by Hupac that were intended to be operated by SBB IN were rejected by SBB IN. Does anybody have any particulars as to why they were rejected? What, if any, differences are there between these loks and the LokRoll/ELL loks? The only information that I obtained was that operation of these loks would require additional operator training. I know that the pantographs were not the same as the LokRoll equipment, but don't know what the other differences may have been (cab design, control equipment, etc).

Any additional information is appreciated.

On a related question, what SBB tractive stock is homologated for use in Belgium? Does SBB IN operate to Antwerp, Ghent or Zeebrugge or do they rely on partners?