Topics

11393

Martin Baumann

IRSI/Transrail 11393 has been repainted in TEE livery at Bellinzona (11393 and not 421 393 is the number actually carried)
http://www.tr-transrail.ch/aktuell.php

Guerbetaler

Am 28.02.2020 um 21:11 schrieb Martin Baumann:
(11393 and not 421 393 is the number actually carried)
Also the locomotives of SBB P carry the fife-digit number at the front and the 12-digit EVN only at the side. Each vehicle needs an EVN but it is sufficient to carry it on the side.
91 85 4421 393-0 in rollingstockregister.ch

I guess that since the locomotive no longer is owned by SBB, they could not carry the lettering any more.

Here are some nice photos:
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/727127/
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/727342/

Am 05.03.2020 um 15:53 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
I guess that since the locomotive no longer is owned by SBB, they could not carry the lettering any more.
I didn't notice that the SBB CFF wasn't there, until you said it...

On the original TEE locomotives the SBB CFF / SBB FFS letters had to be put at a lower position, as the "Farbtrennkannte" (the line, where red and yellow meet) was exactly where the chrome letters on the green locomotives were. For the same reason, the Swiss coat-of-arms had to be put higher up.

Comparing photos of 11393 and 11158-61/11249-53 I think that the Farbtrennkante on 11393 isn't at the original place. Compare the position of the switch for the red lights (where you need a "Vierkantschlüssel")
<https://bahnbilder-von-max.ch/keyword-files/re-4_4-ii-tee.html>
<https://www.railpictures.net/photo/727342/>

On all repainted Cargo locomotives, the chrome letters and digits were taken away. So the 11393 had to be reproduced as I don't think they stored the original digits at Bellinzona...

The different position of SBB CFF / SBB FFS brought a problem for Fleischmann, when they produced a H0 model of the TEE-Lok. The letters were part of the mould and so they decided to put the Farbtrennkante under the letters. Which lead to a description of the "Fleischmann Lok mit heruntergelassener" Hose (= with lowered pants)!
<https://www.mobadaten.info/wiki/Datei:FLM_4341.jpg>

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 07:27 PM, Guerbetaler wrote:

https://www.railpictures.net/photo/727342/
I had never heard that expression about the Fleischmann lok before.

I concur that it appears that the farbtrennkante (dividing line) may be a little lower than on the original locomotives.
It would seem to me that the Swiss Crest on the original TEE loks must have also been placed a little higher, almost nestled under the handrail.

Either way, it still makes for a nice livery to have running around.