Topics

11166 and 11231 Final Journey

David Prior

Heavily stripped, these Loks are parked at Kaiseraugst this morning for scrapping at Thommen. Visible from station, main line and road.
BTW 11456 is still visible from the line further east outside Thommen.

Rob V

On 13/09/2019 07:08, David Prior via Groups.Io wrote:

Heavily stripped, these Loks are parked at Kaiseraugst this morning for scrapping at Thommen. Visible from station, main line and road.
BTW 11456 is still visible from the line further east outside Thommen.
Are the coaches on the left of the image also awaiting scrapping? I'd be interested to know their identities.

Cheers,
--
Rob

Thomas

Looks like a Ralpin Begleitewagen.

Rgds, Thomas.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 01:57 AM, Rob V

Are the coaches on the left of the image also awaiting scrapping? I'd be
interested to know their identities.

Cheers,
--
Rob

Guerbetaler

Am 14.09.2019 um 08:32 schrieb Thomas:
Looks like a Ralpin Begleitewagen.
The non-air-conditioned ones (51 85 05-10 017...027) should be replaced with MU sleeping cars, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited

I suggest it is either 05-10 019 and/or 028 (looks like two SBB coaches next to the Railalpin coach but I may be mistaken)

I list 05-10 017 to 024 plus 027 and 028 as still operating but 019 and 028 are now missing from the NVR with all others present

(https://rollingstockregister.ch/)

Martin Baumann

Now confirmed by the UIC group as 05-10 027. This is still in the NVR but it can take several weeks for withdrawn/scrapped coaches to be deleted

Rob V

On 15/09/2019 15:27, Martin Baumann wrote:

I suggest it is either 05-10 019 or 028.
I list 05-10 017 to 024 plus 027 and 028 as still operating but 019 and 028 are now missing from the NVR with all others present
David Prior has kindly told me that one is 027 but the other one's number is not visible under the graffiti.

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all." - Avon, Blake's 7

David Prior

I sent the line-up to another enquirer but not in the group. Photo of the coach is below; it’s 027. The SBB coach second in the line is unidentifiable for graffiti now, it’s then followed by two vans and a tank.

If others would also like updates as the Thommen line changes, I’ll happily provide photos in future as I pass.

David