Re: Zentralbahn spur and tunnel near Sarnen

Barry Emmott <barry.emmott@...>

I’m a member of Swiss Railways Society and nearly 20 years ago spotted the Brienzwiler item during a trip on what was then still the Brünig Line, from Meiringen to Interlaken. I asked a senior member of the Society, who has Swiss ancestry, what was inside the doors. He replied “Hawker Hunters” which, considering the close proximity of the airfield, seemed quite reasonable. I have photos of the cliff-face, showing the line and the doors, taken from the train so not pin-sharp !! Baz