Re: Appenzeller Bahnen vehicles sold

Guerbetaler

Am 09.08.2019 um 10:33 schrieb Chris Wood via Groups.Io:
With an 18 hour journey covering a distance of 1260 km, and three
trains a week, this is going to be a very different sort of railway
service to the ones the stock has been used on in Switzerland. And
the line is not electrified, so I guess the intent is to convert the
BDe and ABt vehicles into hauled coaches.
A local newspaper wrote that the vehicles will get air condition and that the motor coach will be adapted for this. Which I understand as stripping off the motors and other electrical gear and placing a diesel generator in the luggage room.

Markus, G├╝rbetal