Re: SBB Cargo locos

gordonwis

Hi Mike,

As I understand it Re10/10 still take over some trans-European freight trains at Muttenz from other traction, and potentially then give way at Bellinzona to, say, a 474 - these would be the main Re6/6 and Re4/4 under direct threat from new Vectrons, as Re's get replaced by locos that can haul a pan European train from eg Zeebrugge - Milano. Even a die hard enthusiast can perhaps see the 'finance department's' point in this instance - a single 'unit' (be it a single loco or a pair) can replace three separate units.

Not SBB IN but an example of the 'old ('inefficiant') way; my mate came back from a Swiss trip and showed me tonight a freight at Domo which came in with Italian traction and got take over by a BLS 465

On Wednesday, 24 July 2019, 15:57:21 BST, csipromo via Groups.Io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I guess that a SBBIN train would be a train that was being hauled from Point of Origin (PoO) to Destination by SBBIN. This could be hauled by MS locomotives from departure to destination or by a combination of loks (if required). This could be a ES64F4 (MRCE), a BR 193 (LokRoll). If it was a BR 185 (MRCE), Re 421, Re 482, a lok change would be required at least for the TI network (Italy). SBBIN would be under contract to pick up and deliver that consist.
Would SBBIN still handle a train which was brought to Basel Bad/Muttenz by a foreign operator (DB/Lineas-SNCB/ERS/etc) or would that train be handled by SBBC?