Re: SBB Cargo locos

Guerbetaler

Am 23.07.2019 um 19:31 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
I was not aware of the breakdown of the fleet between SBBC and SBBIN.
I assumed that all of the inland loks were with SBBC.
This is not a breakdown of the fleet. But SBBC lends some locomotives to SBBIN. Until now SBBIN doesn't own any vehicle and they haven't registered a single vehicle for the comapny. In the Swiss rolling stock register you can't find SBBIN, only SBBC.

Both SBBC and SBBIN have a licence for track access within Switzerland. These licences are valid on Swiss territory plus a few kilometers in neighbouring countries. See the recent discussion about "Grenzbetriebsstrecken".

SBB Cargo Deutschland doesn't have an official acronym of any sort. If you google for them, you will arrive on the SBBIN website. It mentions also SBBCI as an address for SBBIN.

But I don't know the contracts between these companies and they aren't public.