Re: German Catenary and Signalling in Basle

Guerbetaler

Am 22.07.2019 um 16:14 schrieb Chris Wood via Groups.Io:
Markus writes:
... So we never had 1600 mm in Switzerland
I thought that the original Zürich–Baden railway (the
Spanisch-Brötli-Bahn) was built to 1600mm gauge when it opened
(1847), and re-gauged around the same time as the Badische Staatsbahn
(1854).
We never had 1600 mm in Switzerland, for sure.

Maybe some article writer mixed up Baden and Baden at some time. sounds very similar. :-) But I have never seen such an erroneous information anywhere.