Re: Hupac Vectron Locomotives

csipromo

Thanks for the update. I still have not figured out who they are running for.
490/491 were reported to be in use of GTS. That may have changed after a few months.
492 had been stripped of it's Nightpiercer livery. I have not seen any news about new assignments
493 was blue with WRS markings. My understanding was that 493 was mainly for WRS operations in Germany.

I still don't know why SBB Cargo passed on these machines. I know that 494-497 were delayed so that they could be modified to be equivalent to the Re 475.
My guess is that there were too many differences between the Hupac Loks and the ELL and LokRoll units that SBB personnel are trained on.