Re: Visit to Switzerland

Guerbetaler

Am 09.06.2019 um 18:41 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
Thanks for the information. If Arth-Walchwil-Zug is out of service, I
can simply extend my trip to Luzern and then to Zurich from there. I
guess that there are also trains that stop at Rotkreuz where it
should also be possible to change to the next Zurich bound train
(from Luzern).
All trains from Arth-Goldau to Zürich go via Rotkreuz, where they change direction, because SBB considered it wouldn't be worth building the long-planned curve to go directly from Immensee in Zug direction. So, for about 18 months everybody will have the opportunity to contemplate the important station of Rotkreuz...

I will be travelling with a Rail Pass. I guess that I would still
need a reservation for some trains.
Only if you find the [R] sign in the timetable and this is very rare for inland traffic.

What routes do I have the best chance to see or catch either a
Twindexx or Giruno?
Twindexx: Wait anywhere in Switzerland and you will have the chance that a Twindexx will come by and brake down. My last encounter of this type was in Bern Wankdorf, where a Twindexx arrived as an Extra for a concert but couldn't take off again. My train was subsequently blocked too and cam home late. Don't know how the situation will be within one month...

Giruno: First commercial runs are Zürich - Erstfeld. That may change quickly. Ask again before you take off for Switzerland.