Re: SBB Cargo locos

Ewan Tait

On 14 Apr 2018, at 17:05, csipromo@... [SwissRail] <SwissRail@...> wrote:

I had heard that 484 and 474 were being used as far north as Arth-Goldau or Rotkreuz. I had also heard reports that 474 were being used on occasion as far north as Basel Bad Bf in double traction with leased ES64F4.

All last summer (as I’ve not been out to CH for railway purposes this year):

Saw solo Re 474s working as far as Basel SBB RB on trains via the GBT (seen at Mohlin, Immensee and south of Arth-Goldau). Also saw a couple of Re 474s paired with an MRCE ES64F4, one on a train and one pair light engine. I assumed balancing moves.

Saw three trains with Re 474s all as pairs north of Thun. I don’t know if they went over the mountain or through the LBT.

Ewan

http://ewan.me.uk