Topics

Superstition Mountain Astronomical League 2017-2018 Schedule of Events

After an exciting summer which witnessed a terrific solar eclipse and a near Earth orbit asteroid fly-by, we in the club are again looking forward to showing off the wonders of the night time skies.

The Superstition Mountain Astronomical League is pleased to submit to the community its public schedule for the 2017-2018 astronomical observing season.

As in years past, our events will be held on Saturdays, just to keep things simple and make it convenient for everyone. We will alternate, pretty much, between Peralta Trail Elementary School and Lost Dutchman State Park. All events are open to the public but note the Lost Dutchman State Park has a per vehicle entrance fee, unless you have a park pass, which is a bargain in itself. And, the annual pass also gets you access to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum, as well as all Arizona State Parks.  You can learn more by visiting: http://azstateparks.com/

In addition to the schedule of events that we host, we will also be attending, as guest observers, other star parties here in the east valley, such as the Peralta Trail elementary School and Basis Mesa School Science Nights. Announcements will be sent as those event dates are known.

To facilitate announcing any schedule changes/additions and other information, we will also use the new website, which you can find here: http://supermtnastro.com/

Also, we have established an email address to respond to any questions/comments: supermtnastro@... and you can contact us at that address.

Local newspaper editors (CC'ed) are requested to publish a notice prior to each event. If you wish me to send you a request/reminder in advance of each event, just let me know.

We hope to see you under the stars.

William Shaheen
Superstition Mountain Astronomical League